Did you mean: 

Adobe vs Bluebeam Revu Lineweight Issues

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ndawsonmccann
496 Views, 2 Replies

Adobe vs Bluebeam Revu Lineweight Issues

I am having an issue with lineweights when viewing a drawing in Adobe vs Bluebeam Revu. All linewieghts appears to be thinner when viewed in Adobe. 

One aspect is the difference in software. The second part is a CTB change that I made. 

CTB 2.1 = used "Use object lineweight"

CTB 2.2 = 0.0000

I made the change because the "Use object lineweight" option made all the lines far to thick. Perhaps, using 0.0000 was too small an option?

I have attached a few images that show the direct difference in CTB files and Adobe vs Bluebeam.

Thank you

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@ndawsonmccann   I've posted a similar issue before concerning viewing PDF's using either Adobe or Microsoft Edge. 

The community conclusion of that post was that ''not all pdf viewers are created equal'' which will account in viewing differences between all pdf viewers. You should be able to get around this by manipulating the CTB as mentionned... But you never know really which pdf viewer people are using these days.

Cheers,   

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: ndawsonmccann

@ndawsonmccann wrote:

I have attached a few images that show the direct difference in CTB files and Adobe vs Bluebeam.

''not all pdf viewers are created equal'' is a reality today in the year 2023. Sorry.

If you believe otherwise however... use ETRANSMIT command to share your DWG nd all relevant files here (including your CTB files) as well as your PDFs so everyone with Adobe and Bluebeam can examine your output and source file to see if anything can be done.

A quick fix: you'll have to spend time and effort to change Adobe's display defaults (designed to compensate for the bloatware that is Adobe) then training anyone who still uses Adobe to do the same.

pendean_0-1679496479699.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report