Did you mean: 

Adding a multiview block to a tool palette

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1134 Views, 5 Replies

Adding a multiview block to a tool palette

Hi! I can drag and drop a usual block to a tollpalette but not a multiview block. At the same time there are readymade palettes that contain multiview blocks so it should be possible to get them there. Is there a simple way to do that? Thanks beforehand!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
knmdk
in reply to: Anonymous

You can do this easily with AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015 for sure. Same good-old drag & drop as with regular blocks.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: knmdk

Unfortunately I can not confir this behaviour on my computer. I tested both on AutoCAD 2014 and Civil3D 2014. It works like a charm to drag and drop conventional blocks to toolpalettes but no luck with multiblocks. Please see the attached images.

Message 4 of 6
sbrusco

Hi Viktors,

By "multiview" blocks, do you mean dynamic blocks with a visibility parameter? If so, i can drag and drop them onto my tool palette. Of course, you need to make sure the TP is not write protected.

Sal

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: sbrusco

Hi! What I mean by a multiview block is a block that can be created by _AecMvBlockAdd command. Just noticed that the command is not available in vanilla AutoCAD. I created the block in Civil3D and it is recognized even by AutoCAD. The object type that is shown in the properties window is AEC_MVBLOCK_REF. I finally managed to get it onto a toolpallette by exporting the block to a separate drawing (WBLOCK) and then drag-dropping the resulting drawing onto the pallette.

Message 6 of 6
asikora_frazedesign

I had the biggest hassle trying to get this to work.  What finally worked for me was to do the following

• Open the Style Manager from the Manage Tab
  • Expand Multi-Purpose Objects
  • Expand Multi-View Blocks
  • Select then Drag each Multi-view Block one at a time to the tool pallet. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report