Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADD VERTEX FOR POLYLINE ENDPOINT

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
f.lawton
1051 Views, 7 Replies

ADD VERTEX FOR POLYLINE ENDPOINT

It would be a time saver if there was an indication in the pop-up context menu when you hover over the endpoint grip of a polyline that alerts you to the fact that it it needs to be reversed before you add a vertex. And the ability to perform that reversal should be in that menu instead of having to select the polyline and running down a another context menu and then a fly-out menu.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: f.lawton

1) How would the program know one PLINE needs to be reversed, but another would not? Is there someone unique about one over the other in your file? Explain in detail if yes.

2) You can ask for help creating a custom pop-up or "menu" for your desire in one or more of the Customizations forums IF and only if you are not using the LT version of AutoCAD. Here is the link https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-customization/ct-p/AutoCADTopic1

If you only want to wait for Autodesk to do this for you, post your wish here and it could happen in the next 2-3-5-10 years from now https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

HTH
Message 3 of 8
ВeekeeCZ

Yeah... someone should think more about that feature when he developed it. Unfortunately, there is no way to change or add little something to make that built-in feature work as one would expect.

The only way really is to forget about it and move to some LISP - as there are few just what I know that does Polyline-Continue. You can add it to the classic shortcut menu but NOT to the hover-one.

Z9E3zK5E_0-1632853397806.png

Just search for it...

Message 4 of 8
Kent1Cooper

I have a routine called PolylineContinue.lsp, with a command name PLC, available >here<.  It will work off either end of an open-ended Polyline, without reversing for either.  And it will even let you go into arc mode and start with the tangent direction off the end you pick near.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 8
f.lawton
in reply to: pendean

Nothing is really unique. Just simple polylines that I revisit to continue their paths into various directions. The program would know that one of my possible intentions is to add a vertex whenever i hover over the endpoint grip. And thanks for the link to the customization forum.

Message 6 of 8
f.lawton
in reply to: ВeekeeCZ

I sometimes use p-line continue - or at least some version of it. But I wish it would automatically join the new pline to the existing one.

Message 7 of 8
Kent1Cooper

@f.lawton wrote:

I sometimes use p-line continue - or at least some version of it. But I wish it would automatically join the new pline to the existing one.

My PLC command does that, provided you end the command with Enter/space [or with Close], not with ESCape.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 8
f.lawton

Release 2023 has provided exactly what I was looking for:  "A new grip option, Extend Vertex, adds a new vertex to your polyline extending from the selected end grip. You no longer have to reverse the polyline direction. "

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-423E92B6-F580-4A43-A543-80C84080BF5D

Thank you Autodesk!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report