Did you mean: 

ACAD 2023 PressPull causes program to hang

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BillAllenSE
208 Views, 2 Replies

ACAD 2023 PressPull causes program to hang

While in my model, PressPull hangs.

It didn't do this before I created my first actual roof element. I also just installed the latest fix.

It hangs whether I select PressPull before or after I select the roof.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BillAllenSE
in reply to: BillAllenSE

I haven't solved the problem, but I've solved some adjacent problems.

First, I made the 3D solid out of 2 parallel regions then used loft and sculpt to make the 3D solid. I could only get this element to Push-pull in the Z direction, perpendicular to the original surface. Instead, I created a 3d closed polyline of the cross section of the polyline which works fine.

I did some tuning on my graphics card and changed the 3d settings from best appearance to best performance. That helped quite a bit, but push-pull still takes some time to activate. Shouldn't happen on this small model. I have 2gb RAM and 4gb on my video card. It's an Nvidia T(?) 1000. Probably not acad certified, but should still be adequate for my models.

Message 3 of 3
dw_cad
in reply to: BillAllenSE

In AutoCAD 2025 for Mac I'm seeing a similar issue where AutoCAD becomes non-responsive when using PressPull.

Beach ball appears and force quit window says Not Responding.

Has happened twice. It recovered the first time after several minutes. But the second time it seemed to take a lot longer to recover. Something happens and the view re-renders.

Seems like selection goes into a state where more things are selected without obvious user intention. Unclear at this stage if it selected multiple things in a layer. The lines selected seem to be unrelated during the active PressPull. I've used PressPull before and it worked fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report