Acad 2016 .pdf manual?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
4973 Views, 12 Replies

Acad 2016 .pdf manual?

Hello all,

. . . . I have another newbie question. Is a .pdf manual available? If so where may I find it?

Thanks,

rich!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous hello,  you can try HERE.  and HERE. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Ennujozlagam,
I'm sorry. I thought that the title and what I asked for was self
explanatory. I guess that I wasn't clear enough. I would like to know if
there is an Acad 2016 users manual. Is there? You pointed me to a 2013
manual and a 2016 Tutorial on 2D fundamentals.

--
Thanks,
Richard R. Pope
1230 19th Street #5
Reedsburg, WI 53959, USA
1-608-768-7448
mechanic_2@charter.net
Message 4 of 13
ennujozlagam

@Anonymous hello, my apology, i dont think so there are availble acad 2016 pdf manual in the internet? instead use search help in the program itself. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Ennujozlagam,
Well, I hope that someone else knows of a 2016 manual. How close is
the 2013 manual to the 2016 program? The online and help files just
don't work for me. If the 2013 manual is close enough I will print it
out. You didn't need to apologize and it is accepted.

--
Thanks,
Richard R. Pope
1230 19th Street #5
Reedsburg, WI 53959, USA
1-608-768-7448
mechanic_2@charter.net
Message 6 of 13
ennujozlagam

@Anonymous hello, not much difference. thanks

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

Ennujozlagam,
I appreciate your help. Hopefully someone knows of a 2016 users
manual. I will wait a while before I print out the 2013 manual.

--
Thanks,
Richard R. Pope
1230 19th Street #5
Reedsburg, WI 53959, USA
1-608-768-7448
mechanic_2@charter.net
Message 8 of 13
pendean

No such thing, for free, exists: search sites like AMAZON and see if books they sell also offer a PDF option.
Message 9 of 13
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

If this gets you any closer, it is possible to download the Offline Help files from here.

Other than that, nearly everything else is going to be online type documentation and tutorials.  If you want a hardcopy manual, Amazon or other online booksellers might be a starting point (as per Dean's suggestion).  I am not aware of any publishers offering these in PDF format.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 10 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

John and et al,
. . . . I figured as much. I downloaded and printed out the 2013 manual. That should be usable until I can get a couple of books. It has been a long time since I have used ACAD. Are there any recommendations for a beginners and then a second book that goes beyond the beginners book? I downloaded and installed the offline help but I can't figure out how to use it. Could someone please give me some instructions?
Thanks,
rich!
@john.vellek wrote:

Hi @Anonymous,

If this gets you any closer, it is possible to download the Offline Help files from here.

Other than that, nearly everything else is going to be online type documentation and tutorials.  If you want a hardcopy manual, Amazon or other online booksellers might be a starting point (as per Dean's suggestion).  I am not aware of any publishers offering these in PDF format.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

John,
. . . . I can't figure out how to use the offline help. 2016 is different from 2013. In the manual for 2013 it starts talking about the Cmd commands. These don't exist in 2016. They would have been very helpful. Too bad they were removed. It is too bad that more and more manufacturers are getting away from .pdf manuals that you can download. It is much easier for me to work from the printed page, The screen is very hard for me to read from and to use. You have to keep switching back and forth between the program and the help screen or website. Also the layout of the help in a non linear manner is impossible to keep track of. If you could printout the help pages that would be of some use but you have to print this page, go to a link, print that page, go to another link, and repeat forever. Argh.
. . . . I did find the 2016 2D Fundamentals Tutorial to be helpful. It has helped me to get started. It has been over 10 years since I used ACAD. That was the 2004 version. I have ordered two books from Amazon. They are AutoCAD 2016 for Beginners and Mastering AutoCAD 2016 and AutoCAD LT 2016: Autodesk Official Press. Does anyone know anything about these two books?
I appreciate the help and thanks all,
rich!

@Anonymous wrote:

John and et al,
. . . . I figured as much. I downloaded and printed out the 2013 manual. That should be usable until I can get a couple of books. It has been a long time since I have used ACAD. Are there any recommendations for a beginners and then a second book that goes beyond the beginners book? I downloaded and installed the offline help but I can't figure out how to use it. Could someone please give me some instructions?
Thanks,
rich!
@john.vellek wrote:

Hi @Anonymous,

Message 12 of 13
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

It sounds like you might be running on a single screen configuration.  I strongly urge you to consider picking up another monitor so you can run AutoCAD on one screen and perhaps run other programs or tutorials on the other. This in combination with your books should get you up and running. Please add additional questions in the community forum as necessary.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 13 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

John,
. . . . Yep, I am running a single monitor. A second monitor would be ideal and my video card supports multiple monitors. I don't have the room for a second monitor. I will consider if there is some way that I can add a second monitor. Sony now makes a monitor that is actually two monitors in one. The problem is that this way outside my price range.
Thanks,
rich!
@john.vellek wrote:

Hi @Anonymous,

It sounds like you might be running on a single screen configuration.  I strongly urge you to consider picking up another monitor so you can run AutoCAD on one screen and perhaps run other programs or tutorials on the other. This in combination with your books should get you up and running. Please add additional questions in the community forum as necessary.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report