Did you mean: 

ACAD 2016 - Missing Drawing Tab

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
554 Views, 5 Replies

ACAD 2016 - Missing Drawing Tab

I would like to be able to divide a line or object. I attempted to navigate to the draw tab -- it is missing. When I type divide on the command line and select the object and type in the number of segments, nothing happens. Meanwhile, the divide icon is not present in the draw toolbar either. I added it to the top of the workspace to see if I could access it this way. It made no difference. FYI - on the command line I typed "-toolbars", then "draw", then "top".
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TheCADnoob
in reply to: Anonymous

Does it say something like unknown command?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the  Autodesk Community!

It sounds like you might have inadvertently modified your menu somehow.

To reset it, type CUI at the command line. This will open the Customize User interface window. Rt-click on ACAD (menu name) and select Reset Acad.cuix.

Let's see if that fixes the problem for you.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 6
GrantsPirate

In the ribbon, Draw tab there is a down arrow next to the Draw label, pick that and then pick the divide command.  

Be sure to open the point dialog with PTYPE command and pick something other than the first two starting in the upper left and moving right.  You can check and change the point type at the command line with PDMODE and then type a number than corresponds to the point type, 35 seems to work for most.  See help for  PDMODE for the valid number for each one.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 5 of 6
pendean

Set PDMODE to 3, then REGENALL: see a lot of X shapes on the line you tried to divide?
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Apparently that must be what I did. Your recommendation has corrected the problem. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report