Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD 2015 - issues with MText editor for MText enabled attributed blocks

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
828 Views, 7 Replies

ACAD 2015 - issues with MText editor for MText enabled attributed blocks

I've run into an issue, (as have some of my peers) where the MText editor only displays a small portion of the available options when editing text of a block that has MText enabled on one of the attributed text entries.

I use 2 machines, one being a desktop, and the other being a laptop. The desktop allows full MText capabilities when entering text in a block with MText enabled, (change size of text and justification, stacked fractions, etc.). but when the same block in that drawing is edited on the laptop, stacked fractions revert to unstacked text and most MText editior settings are just plain missing. Both machines are running AutoCAD 2015. I've looked at the available editor settings but nothing fixes it.

I've searched "everywhere" hoping someone has had the same issue as we are having, but nothing even close to this comes up in the search results.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Show us the DWG file please.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Here is an example file with blocks using Mtext enabled attributed text.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

Nothing wrong with the file's attributes settings, it's your laptop setup for the editing bar.
Right-click while in the editor and turn on all the features you want in the editor bar

ScreenShot001.png

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes, as stated previously, I have all Editor Settings checked, (turned on). It's acting as though this is just single line text...
Message 6 of 8
pendean

I tried it on a couple of PCs and I cannot replicate it. Something else is going on not related to this block's content as you posted.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Finally found the solution and figured I'd post in case others come across the same problem. Type ATTIPE in the command line, and set the variable from "0" to "1". Now the full text editor window should be showing and fractions will now stack normally.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Sadly this doesn't work for me. My text editor suddenly became abbreviated. ATTIIPE variable is set to 1.  There is a small drop down at the right side of the toolbar with options and the functionality is there.  Any ideas?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report