Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4K, 3840 X 2160 resolution problem scaling in AutoCAD 2016

144 REPLIES 144
Message 1 of 145
Anonymous
40702 Views, 144 Replies

4K, 3840 X 2160 resolution problem scaling in AutoCAD 2016

We will be replacing all our CAD workstation this year including monitors supporting UHD (4k) resolution. We just had first one configured. And here is the problem – AutoCAD 2016 is not doing very good job scaling fonts, dialog boxes etc. “Start” screen is completely not able to scale in 4k resolution. We use 4K, 3840 X 2160 resolution (UHD), 60Hz on U28D590D - Samsung UHD 28” Monitor. Standard HD resolution (1080p) works perfect. Are you planning to address this in some future service packs or fixes?

Tags (3)
144 REPLIES 144
Message 41 of 145
parkr4st
in reply to: smattie

nice rants everyone.  Happy New Year.

henrykz  --- what is your graphics card(s)?

Message 42 of 145
smattie
in reply to: parkr4st

It is the NVIDIA GeForce GPU.

Message 43 of 145
parkr4st
in reply to: smattie

go here

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534&results=1&stype=graphic&produ...

search for you GPU by make and model number.  your gpu may be the problem.

dave

Message 44 of 145
smattie
in reply to: parkr4st

Herein lies the issue - the Surface Book uses a custom GPU, which is referred to as both 1347 and 134B. Neither if these are listed on the AutoDESK site. Other than the issue with the command line and using a larger window, the computer is ultra-portable and blazing fast. I might wait until the last few days of my trial 30 days before deciding to sending it back. So far, it is only and issue with AutoCAD. Hopefully, soon, there will be a fix. Can you tell me which are the "major" upgrade years for AutoCAD. Years ago, I beleive it was on even years, but now I have no idea as I've been having only minor buggy issues with AutoCAD 2011 and AutoCAD 2013LT.

Message 45 of 145
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I just bought a system with a 48" smart tv because I want to be able to open multiple autocad viewports and see each one decently.  As Autocad won't let me open viewports over multiple monitors, I opted for the large screen.  But the autocad colors are different vertically than horizontally.  It would be nice for Autodesk to support the higher resolutions.

Message 46 of 145
pendean
Message 47 of 145
dgorsman
in reply to: pendean

This surfaced in the Inventor board: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/4k-problems/m-p/5987516#M576326

... so there *is* some movement on the issue.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 48 of 145
wispoxy

Apple sells an iMac with 5k and I have no issues with the AutoCAD 2016 Trial Version. Tested one at an apple conference.

The problem is higher resolutions are being created too quickly and application companies can't keep up. Wouldn't be surprised if application and software companies stay 2-4 years behind. It requires heavy work to adjust applications to high resolutions, you have to create a whole new structure.

Message 49 of 145
Anonymous
in reply to: braudpat

I'm an italian girl... I'm very interested in this discussion because I've just bought a new notebook with a 4k resolution! I have a lot of trouble using autocad 2016..  even if I try a 2500 x 1440 resolution.. can you give me some suggestion to set the native display resolution in autocad's option to gain a better visualization? I apologize for my bad english 😉

@braudpat wrote:

Hello from France

I am working on a 27 screen with 2560x1440 resolution (since about 16 monthes), and of course no problem (from ACAD 2011 to ACAD 2016) ...

If I remember well, the display problems begin at about 3000 pixels !?

A real scalable interface and a complete redesign of all dialog boxes (if needed !?) is not an easy work !

Autodesk has some others priorities !!

So many things has to be redesigned and optimized into the ACAD Core that this very high resolution problem is not at all a wish for me !

Regards, Patrice (I am not an Autodesk Advisor)

Message 50 of 145
Anonymous

can you tell me if you have set somenthing to work with this resolution? I'm using a 15' notebook asus

Message 51 of 145
Anonymous

The only solution I've found that helps alittle is to set the lweight command to show thickness on display. You can adjust so that the lines show some width.

Otto
Message 52 of 145
Anonymous

thank you.. I'll try it! Even if, actually, the most problem is the too small or too big dimension of the character inside windows..

Message 53 of 145
pendean
Message 54 of 145
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I'm not having issues with menus and text height.  My issue at the higher resolution is the color lines.

Message 55 of 145
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Message 56 of 145
Anonymous

Hello, my name is Martin and I need your help!
I am a student in Architecture. I recently bought a great laptop with 4K screen.
Obviously, Autocad resents the display resolution ...
So my question is: How to have a good display resolution? Thank you in advance.
(sorry for my English)

Martin

AUTODESK.jpg

AUTODESK 2.jpg

Message 57 of 145
Anonymous

I have same problem with you. 

so ugly, I tried to update graphic driver but still didnt work so far. 

Message 58 of 145
Anonymous

How disappointing. I'm coming back to max and was expecting cutting edge software/hardware. I bought a Dell precision 7710 to use with 3DSMax. It has a UHD display. Unbelievable that Max is less capable than Adobe. Cutting the resolution makes everything else display poorly and is a poor solution when cutting edge imagery is what 3DSMax is about.

Message 59 of 145
MichaelDrage

Has anyone found a resolution, pardon the pun, to this? I have the same issue- Dell XPS15, and exactly the same screen as above.....

Message 60 of 145
R.Gerritsen4967

I've looked around, but cannot find detailes info, but does AutoCAD 2017 natively support 4k resolution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta