Did you mean: 

3D Orbit - Change Visual Style

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2224 Views, 4 Replies

3D Orbit - Change Visual Style

Hi, when using 3D orbit I like to have my visual style change to "realistic" only during the command and then back to wireframe when done orbiting.

This used to happen but with reinstalls (Advance Steel issues) it isn't happening.

I think the settings are in the Visual Styles Manager (?) but I can't figure this out.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hmm.. maybe I'm not explaining myself well.

How ACAD (2016) has always worked for me at my place of employment, which is also my first experience with 3D, 

is that I usually draw in 2D Wireframe, but when I shift>middle mouse button and go into 3D orbit, the Visual Style changes to "realistic" so everything is solid, but then when I stop orbiting it goes back to 2D Wireframe.

I don't know if this is changed in settings (is there an Orbit settings?) or in the Visual Style Manager (which I first thought), or where?

Does anyone happen to know how to get this back?

I use Advance Steel in ACAD but I am assuming this is just a regular ACAD function, not Advance Steel related.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I don't think I have ever seen it change when entering 3D orbit.  Perhaps I never noticed before as I try to work in wireframe mode most of the time.

if you type 3D Orbit and then rt-click you can look at some settings for the feature. When I change the VS here it changes it for even when I exit the command.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks John.

I figured it out.

I made a mistake. It turns out it wasn't "realistic" style I was after, it was "wireframe", but cleaned up to show no hidden lines, etc.   I compared to older AS2015 settings and found this.  Forgot I still had that one installed, should have looked for that first.

It was within Visual Style Manager, just had to change a couple of settings under "wireframe" to achieve this.

All hidden lines and hidden objects disappear when orbiting, making for a cleaner view to look over after making connections.  Basically "realistic" without the shading.

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am glad you figured it out. Thanks for sharing your solution.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report