Did you mean: 

3D Objects in wrong place, working plane changed

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
autodesk7F2RH
798 Views, 4 Replies

3D Objects in wrong place, working plane changed

I'm currently creating 3D objects on project that have to be elevated to certain heights, and am using a 2D Drawing as the base to properly align them with other drawings.  After creating the objects the file somehow corrupted itself overnight.  The background color change from black to a light gray, and the 2D drawing seems to be in another plane that the 3D objects are not, causing the objects to shift when using the pan command to move the whole drawing which shouldn't happen.

I have attached before and after images to show the issue I am currently experiencing.

I have spoken with support and they don't know what to do so they said they would reach out to development and I haven't heard back yet.  I can't afford to lose my work or start over, because this is an important long-term project that I have to add to on a weekly basis.  Hopefully someone can help me with this (we spend several thousands of dollars a year to use this software, this shouldn't be a problem to begin with but here we are!!)Original top viewOriginal top viewOriginal side viewOriginal side viewThe arrow indicated where the light is vs. where it should beThe arrow indicated where the light is vs. where it should beThe 2D drawing is in black background while 3D objects are in gray.  It should look like original side view.The 2D drawing is in black background while 3D objects are in gray. It should look like original side view.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
imadHabash
in reply to: autodesk7F2RH

Hi,

>> The background color change from black to a light gray

type in command line VSCURRENT and select 2dwireframe option . ( see below )

ommand: VS
VSCURRENT
Enter an option [2dwireframe/Wireframe/Hidden/Realistic/Conceptual/Shaded/shaded with Edges/shades of Gray/SKetchy/X-ray/Other] <2dwireframe>:

>> I'm currently creating 3D objects on project that have to be elevated to certain heights, and am using a 2D Drawing as the base 

it's not recommended to use 3D objects over 2D plans . 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
autodesk7F2RH
in reply to: imadHabash

That helped at least for the time being, thank you!
Message 4 of 5
imadHabash

is there any certain problem that need to fix also ?

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

It also appears as though you had entered perspective view mode rather than parallel. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report