Did you mean: 

3d move gizmo will not show

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3482 Views, 3 Replies

3d move gizmo will not show

The 3d move gizmo refuses to show up. I have GTAUTO set to 1, and the visual style set to realistic, a 3d view. I enter the 3dmove command manually, select my object and hit enter. No gizmo. I enter the base point as the center of the object I want to move. Still no gizmo. I try to move the object a fraction of an inch, and I find that it has moved multiple feet in the axis at right angles to the screen! A gizmo to constrain the move to one axis would be great!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

By default when your GTAUTO = 1 and you're already in a 3D visual style the gizmo is initially placed in the center of the selection set. 

• if you start a new blank .dwg and with a simple 3d solid object does the gizmo appears when selected or what ( under 3d visual style and gizmo is ON ) ?
  • make sure that your object is too near from 0,0,0 .
  • check you DEFAULTGIZMO (System Variable)  >> Click <<
  • from GRAPHICSCONFIG command try to disable hardware acceleration , any changes ? 
  • make sure that you have an updated CAD version and from your Autodesk Desktop App .
  • if NOT fixed , please share with us here your CAD .dwg for checking  ( AutoCAD 2013 file format please ) . 

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Which version of AutoCAD are you using? When I have trouble getting this to work, I select the 3D Rotate gizmo and then type 3DMove. This seems to fix the problem on my side and displays the 3D Move gizmo.

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

I finally got it to work by just quitting AutoCAD and starting it again. It occasionally gets into an odd state that quitting and restarting seems to solve.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report