Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D and 3D objects in the same drawing with different views

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
4740 Views, 7 Replies

2D and 3D objects in the same drawing with different views

I have a 2D object and its 3D version object that I need on the same drawing. The 3D object needs to be in isometric view while the 2D object just needs to be flattened. I have tried to go to layouts and choose two views but it just shows both objects in both views on the same drawing (shows 4 objects total). How can I have both 2D and 3D in the same drawing with different views?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Did your other post solve your question?

It marked as solved.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-feedback/2d-and-3d-in-same-drawing/m-p/5797515#M9342

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Not exactly.  I have tried to change the views in the layout section but I can't get the 2D object to have a top view and the 3D object to have an SE isometric view in the same drawing.  I have attached how it looks after I attempt. 

Message 4 of 8
Patchy

Open this and see if it'll help in anyway.

Capture.JPG

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

That is what I want to do.  Take two different objects with different views and put them in the same drawing so they can be on the same sheet of paper when printed. Every time I try to do that, it looks like the file I attached in a previous comment.  I can't figure it out based on your file.  I am very new to autocad and took a course but it did not teach about 3D. 

Message 6 of 8
Patchy

Attach your .dwg instead of a picture. I can't tell how many viewports that overlapped

Use command MVIEW and make a viewport, then you need to understand the VP scale to fit in a sheet, activate the VP and use view for isometric or top, right........

Message 7 of 8
GrantsPirate

Use the Viewbase command.  If you aren't well versed in AutoCAD look at youtube.com and search for that name.

Here is one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VHQmQrpkLs

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Can you Please Explain how to make an (3d)object visually conceptual within 2d wireframe mode.

means: In 2D mode few object can be seen in 2d and selected object can be seen in conceptual view.

@Patchy wrote:

Capture.JPG

@Patchy wrote:Capture.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta