Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 Project Navigator PDF Publish

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
Anonymous
1322 Views, 30 Replies

2016 Project Navigator PDF Publish

I'm using MEP 2016, I was using MEP 2015 & MEP 2013 in the same manner.

I publish via Project Navigator using the "Publish to Alternate Page Setup" option. I have a Template file on the network that has every plotter/page setup we use, including DWG to PDF. I'm having issues with the PDF.

When I publish a single sheet, it works completely fine, but if I attempt to publish more than 1 sheet to a multipage PDF (publishcollate-1) I get an error every time. ERROR DID NOT PLOT, ERROR: DEVICE NOT FOUND. Same using the regualr Publish, not via Project Navigator.

I've edited the Template in 2016 with the new PDF options and still the same issue. Any idea what I'm missing?

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31
wispoxy
in reply to: Anonymous

You can have different publish settings per page / paperspace layout. Just reset.

Issue: When attempting to publish to DWF in AutoCAD, no file is created and the following error message is displayed:
Device not found

Solution: Reset AutoCAD to defaults (see How to reset AutoCAD to defaults).

Article ID: kA230000000tatT

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: wispoxy

This article doesn't say it applies to Autocad MEP 2016 and the issue it addresses is DWF.
Message 4 of 31
leothebuilder

If you are using Project Navigator to publish to PDF, why not use "Publish to PDF" instead of "Publish to Alternate Page Setup".

Does that work for you?

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: leothebuilder

I tried, same result. ERROR DID NOT PLOT, ERROR: DEVICE NOT FOUND.

Many Projects in our office require different Page Set Up options (page size, pen settings, etc.), this would mean changing each project Navigator's Page Setup Options, not ideal or efficient since all old jobs would need editing and there are many.

Publish using the Page Setups in the template takes the guess work out for many of the users since they are pre-set and accessible via any Project.
Message 6 of 31
leothebuilder

I agree, page setups are great...use them myself with ACA.

If you get a message that the device is not found it is probably missing.

What happens is you use "export to PDF" on a single sheet?

Message 7 of 31

P.s. does every user in your office have the sampe problem, or just you.

Message 8 of 31
pendean

Share your Template file, let's all have a look at it and test publishing with it, if it really is a plain AutoCAD issue, we should be able to replicate it quite easily and see the problem.

Otherwise the MEP forum is way over there, "project navigator" is not a plain AutoCAD feature, the forum you are posting in... http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-mep/ct-p/2036
Message 9 of 31
Anonymous

So Far just me, I'm testing out 2016 to see if its worth upgrading to at the moment, so far NO -.-
Message 10 of 31
leothebuilder

Ok...so you are using 2016 and have this problem.

The other users are using an older version of MEP and don't have this problem.

That probably means that the template is formatted for your older version of MEP and does not work, or partially works with 2016.

Do your other page setups work in the 2016 version?

E.g. print to plotter or printer?

Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Sorry I don't usually get many replies in MEP , so I tried my luck here.

Message 12 of 31

and what happens if you "export to PDF" a single sheet in 2016?

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous

All others work fine, i saved the template to 2016 thinking that was it. Nope.

Message 14 of 31
leothebuilder

I don;t have 2016 so I'm not sure if the PDF plotter within Autocad was changed from previous versions.

If all else works fine it seems that just the PDF is kaput in 2016.

Why not create a page setup override for 2016 PDF plotting and see if that works.

Message 15 of 31
Anonymous

Export to PDF results in a blank PDF

Message 16 of 31
Anonymous

In 2016 i made a new PDF page setup, same result. Error, no PDF 

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous

Also note that with Publishcollate set to 0, it allows me to print multiple sheets to PDF, but they are single PDF files.

It seems that trying to get a single PDF file with multi-sheets is the problem.

Message 18 of 31
pendean

FWIW I believe the 2016 versions of AutoCAD have an all new PDF driver and PDF features.
Message 19 of 31
dbroad

When that happens to me it is usually because I am using a special PDF printer that is not available where I am, such as the Adobe Acrobat printer driver or another PDF driver not supplied by AutoDesk.  When you choose publish to pdf in 2016, it specifically gives you a choice of 3 new built-in PDF drivers that won't choke on you.  Hope that helps.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 20 of 31
wispoxy

My first post suggestion fixes MEP too. Gotta love people who assume just because an article doesn't list a product, it has nothing to do with it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report