Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 for Mac installation failure...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
244 Views, 6 Replies

2015 for Mac installation failure...

I have been trying to install the 30 trial for the Autocad 2015 for mac since May. It tells me it's installed, but I doesn't actually open the program, just giving me the spinning disc and the application not responding message. I need to install it quickly, as I'm comparing performance between AutoCad and other programs on a mac before purchasing... Autocad is not doing great so far...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

It's been more than 30-days since May, even if you got it to install it will likely not run anyway on the same MAC. Find another MAC.

Also, you missed this topic before posting here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015-2016/the-autocad-for-mac-forum-has-moved/td-p/4...
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

No doubt you mean to be helpful... but to be honest, 'find a new mac' doesn't help...

I'd be grateful for any advice you have on how to make the software work on my current machine... All other programs install ok. 

To clarify, I have uninstalled and tried to reinstall at various times since May... If this problem is unique to me, I must be setting it up wrong in some way...

Message 4 of 7
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

... I have uninstalled and tried to reinstall at various times since May... ...

If this were my problem description - I would have searched for resolution within the 30-day trial.

If you have somehow triggered the 30-day clock, you are out of luck with the 2015 trial (short of purchasing a new HDD).

Is there a reason you cannot trial the r2016 version instead?  I don't think you could even purchase r2015 anyhow!

Are you a student?

In this thread  the OP reports that AutoCAD was initially working, and then you state "same problem".

Is it really the same problem, was your AutoCAD 2015 install initially working back in May?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I see your point now... I am not a student, no... But, I understand R2016
is not currently available for Macs.
Message 6 of 7
pendean

Think what you want, the reality is you've gone beyond the 30-day trial period, you are the one that waited until September to seek help with a problem that started in May.

Just saying...
Message 7 of 7
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:
 I understand R2016 is not currently available for Macs.

Oops, I guess I should stay out of Mac threads, haven't used one since I was in school - back in the last century....    Smiley Embarassed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report