Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 letter quick commands

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bnickas041774
1147 Views, 5 Replies

2 letter quick commands

How do you change the .pgp or command alias prompts to my own custom ones I like? For example EX is extend, and I want that Explode, and X for Extend. 

Thanks for any help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Patchy
in reply to: bnickas041774
Message 3 of 6
rkmcswain

Another way is to create small lisp functions, the advantage of this being that you can add options to your short commands, such as ZOOM WINDOW (with the PGP file, you can only do ZOOM)

• Create a file in Notepad
  • Save it as "acaddoc.lsp" (put quotes around the file name when you save so it doesn't add "txt" on the end)
  • For each shortcut you want, add a line like this: (Red is the thing you want to type in, blue is the name of the command, and green are command options (if any). (Note: those colors will not show in Notepad, that's only so you can see the syntax.)

• (defun c:ZW () (command "._zoom" "_W"))
    (defun c:X () (command "._explode"))
    (defun c:P () (command "._plot"))
    (defun c:Z8 () (command "._zoom" "_S" "0.8x"))
  • Put this file in a location that is at the TOP of your support file search path (Options>Files)
  • Even better? Create a new folder and place the file in this new folder, then ADD this folder to the top of your support file search path.

Cheers.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 6
Jonathan3891
in reply to: rkmcswain

Edit Tab > Edit Aliases

Jonathan Norton
Blog | Linkedin
Message 5 of 6
scot-65
in reply to: rkmcswain

ZW...
There was no default action for ZOOM in R12 - back in the day.
Or was it R10?
🙂

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 6 of 6
elshawadfy

Hi @bnickas041774,

As @Patchy & @Jonathan3891 said, you can use the command "AliasEdit" either by typing the command or going to the express tab > Tools Panel > Alias edit - and then edit the aliases one by one..

- To use a custom *.pgp file that you alredy have, in the same window of the "aliasedit" command got to File > Import and select your .pgp file (this is safer than overwriting the current acad.pgp manually which could cause you to lose the aliases of the new commands added in newer relaeses of autocad in case the pgp file belonged to an earlier release..)

- If you want to edit the Acd.pgp manually (Not Recommended): go to Manage tab > Customization Panel > Edit Aliases. But note that there are several points to consider, you can read about them in these articles: Artcle 1; Article 2.

@rkmcswain Approach was a little different, he used LISP to define new commands with shorter names that call the original ones; which also works perfectly..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report