Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: ParishSouthBdx

In all files, or just this one?
AutoCAD version is...?
Windows OS is...?

is this a sudden new problem? Do you just need to change HPDLGMODE settings to skip the Ribbon and bring up the dialog box?
Message 3 of 7
dieters

There was a defect reported to us that editing an undefined hatch pattern occasionally crashed. This has been fixed in the AutoCAD 2018.0.2 product update. In any case, we strongly recommend updating to this version for a licensing issue. More information is located here:

http://blogs.autodesk.com/autocad/autocad-2018-0-2-update/

Dieter

Dieter Schlaepfer
Principal Learning Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.
San Rafael, California
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
ParishSouthBdx
in reply to: pendean

updated to the latest 2018.  driver for cards in line.  if I have even a small hatch that is, say ansi32, select it, grips pop up, go to the prop or ribbon and select solid, ...........fatal error.  Any drawing.  updating autocad seemed to help, but not sure.

just saw this....may have to investigate fugitive blocks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: through extensive personal investigation. it turned out that in a specific layer called tools a block that wasnt converted properly from external referencing was causing the fatal error. As soon as i took it out the hatching was back to normal.

thank you for all the help
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 7

seems my hatching has converted back to the old hatching form.

no problems as of yet.

Message 6 of 7

I wanted to add an update to this post.  Lately one issue has come up with hatching.   about 30% of the time I use solid hatching it will not show up.  If I have existing hatching, say ansi131 or other cross hatching and edit it to be a solid.  it disappears.  Not even selectable any longer.  

any ideas?

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 7
dieters

Rather than me speculating, would it be possible for you to post a generic DWG that exhibits this problem?

Thanks,

Dieter

Dieter Schlaepfer
Principal Learning Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.
San Rafael, California

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report