AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom panel in AutoCAD for MAC 2021

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
636 Views, 3 Replies

Zoom panel in AutoCAD for MAC 2021

Hi, I'm just starting out and learning AutoCAD through a class, my instructor created a file with zoom panels for objects in the file but I'm unable to find them at all.  My instructor is a window user and that's how she created this file with zoom panels for an assignment. Hoping someone here might be familiar with AutoCAD for MAC. 

Tags (1)
Labels (5)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> my instructor created a file with zoom panels for objects in the file but I'm unable to find them at all. 

Usually commands can be execute from commandline , ribbon and toolbars . if you're asking about ZOOM command :

• There is NO ribbon in the AutoCAD products for the Apple Macintosh (Mac) platform. The ribbon in the Windows version is built upon Microsoft's .NET Framework, which is not available within the Mac operating systems.
  • In the AutoCAD products for the Mac OS, there are menus and tool sets, which can both be customized to better suit individual needs.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
maxim_k

Hi @Anonymous,

Zoom panel is not a part of AutoCAD DWG file, but it is a part of AutoCAD User Interface. AutoCAD for Mac has UI that is different from AutoCAD for Windows. And you cannot create "panels" on Mac, you can add commands, including ZOOM commands, to Tool Sets palette:
https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACDMAC/2021/ENU/?guid=GUID-80278E4A-D01B-43E6-BF9E-9DCFD18B5CE6

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 4
pendean

You need to be using the Windows version of AutoCAD if you want to follow your instructor's coursework: or your teacher needs to teach the mac version.

You and your instructor need to talk about it all together to come to a resolution (or a refund).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report