Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking items in Array Command in AutoCAD 2013?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
58533 Views, 6 Replies

Unlocking items in Array Command in AutoCAD 2013?

So pre-2012, the array command created each item in the array as a separate item. Now they are all locked together, and while that has some advantages, I would like to separate them after creation so I can edit each item in the array independently. How do I do that? 

Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

You can separate them with EXPLODE command, or just during creation of array select ASsociative option (this vill be saved permanently until you change it back).

You can also edit individual items in array with Ctrl+clicking on item (for move, rotate, scale, erase operations), or you can substitute individual items with the help of ARRAYEDIT command.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

after explode why do the items not show in shaded view?also how do i activate ps properties?
thank
Message 4 of 7
maxim_k

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

@Anonymous wrote:
after explode why do the items not show in shaded view?

I can not reproduce the issue on my side. What OS do you have on your Mac? have you installed latest updates (SP2)?

Do you mean the items not show when "Shaded" visual style is active? Have you tried to use REGEN command? What are these items?

@Anonymous wrote:
also how do i activate ps properties?

Not sure I understand this question. What is ps? Paper Space? which properties you want to activate?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Maxim

REGENALL solved it!

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
wispoxy
in reply to: maxim_k

@maxim_k I just happen to use the array tool for the first time. I can confirm that exploding an array does not break blocks unless you explode again. Your advice helped me, Thank You. +Kudos

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

If you only want edit block in array

you can copy object array and place anywhere

-explode "object copy" 

-enter you block object can you edit

-after edit object save close

-erase all "object copy explode"

your base object array automatically follow last edit object 

@Anonymous wrote:

So pre-2012, the array command created each item in the array as a separate item. Now they are all locked together, and while that has some advantages, I would like to separate them after creation so I can edit each item in the array independently. How do I do that? 

Thanks! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report