AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unisolate?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JEFFJW9BB
225 Views, 4 Replies

Unisolate?

I needed to change a layer to different properties (a different layer) so I right clicked on the layer and selected LAYER STATUS > ISOLATE.  I made the change then could not figure out how to unisolate.  

I tried typing LAYUNISO and also clicking on the layer unisolate icon but could not return.

How can I undo that command and get back to normal?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: JEFFJW9BB

@JEFFJW9BB You can always start LAYER command then turn ON the layers that LAYISO turned off.
LAYERP command can also help if you made no other layer settings changes since starting LAYISO command.

Ensuring your AutoCAD for MAC variant is fully updated would be the first thing to check: FWIW that never happens ever on it's own, you are expected to go hunt down the latest update file yourself then install it.
Message 3 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: JEFFJW9BB

Hi @JEFFJW9BB ,

In order to be able to use LAYUNISO command to restore layers state after isolation, you need to use LAYISO command to isolate layer(s).

2023-03-28_23-13-27.png

When you use LAYER STATUS > ISOLATE in the Layers palette, AutoCAD don't actually use LAYISO command, it simply turns off all other layers and makes selected layer current.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 5
JEFFJW9BB
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you for the tips! I appreciate your help.
Message 5 of 5
JEFFJW9BB
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for your help, and the tip on staying up-to-date.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report