Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to install AutoCAD for Mac

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
robolmo
2978 Views, 4 Replies

unable to install AutoCAD for Mac

I have been unable to install AutoCAD for Mac. I get as far as entering the key and serial no's for the student license and then: "The installation failed." Further prompts get a roll down window: "AutoCAD Installation Detected". I've uninstalled Autocad 2010 and Architecture 2010 that were both on the VMware virtual machine side. I've also checked that the "sledgehammer beta" was no longer there... Any ideas on how I can clear this stumbling block? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: robolmo

Is there any solution for this yet?  I have the same issue.  

Message 3 of 5
robolmo
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry, but none as of yet.... I also e-mailed customer service directly. I have another classmate who is also mac based, however he had no problem as he had installed the PC AutoCAD versions via bootcamp. I suspect the platforms are more clearly separated in that scenario, whereas mine were installed via VMware virtual machine.  There must be some remnant that won't allow a new version to be installed. Very disappointing customer service response so far to what was supposed to be a major product roll-out.  I hope this can be resolved before my next semester starts....  I may have to opt out of some courses if I can't get the software.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hello,

I have the same issue any solutions yet?

Take care

Message 5 of 5
pavanjella

Hi All,

If you are seeing the same screenshots as above, then, it means that you have two installations mounted. Check your finder and eject both of them. However, this message is benign. Your installer goes through fine. Please click on the 'A' dock icon and launch AutoCAD. It should launch fine.

If it doesn't, please make usre you eject all previous mounts from the finder then uninstall AutoCAD. And then re-install it.

Thanks,

Pavan Jella

AutoCAD Test Development

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report