AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble pasting an image into drawing

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
laura
3312 Views, 2 Replies

Trouble pasting an image into drawing

I have recently switched from PC to Mac Autocad 2021 and often used copy and paste to paste image into my .dwg for tracing, but it's no longer working on my Mac. I am able to copy and paste everything else file to file, just not images. I don't want to have to save the files and insert them, but they don't necessarily have to be to scale. Copy and paste was quick and simple. Help! Why is it not letting me paste? It shows on the clipboard and pastes the image everywhere else.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: laura

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Laura,

Pasting images in AutoCAD for PC is possible because of Windows OS specific feature - OLE, which is not available in macOS.
So there is only one way to place raster images into drawings on Mac - attach them as reference with IMAGEATTACH command.
AutoCAD 2021 for Mac has new feature - display images imbedded into drawings in AutoCAD for Windows, but you still cannot imbed them on Mac. Plus there is limitation - you cannot see in AutoCAD 2021 for Mac images that were copy-pasted on Windows side, you can see them if they were activated as Bitmap Images after insertion.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
laura
in reply to: maxim_k

Ah, thank you! This solved it quickly and doesn't take too much time. 

Thank you for your time!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report