AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software update

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
718 Views, 10 Replies

Software update

Please release latest version for Autocad 2021 for Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.1  and for later versions, we are facing usage issues please release as soon as possible. Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi @Anonymous 

The Update already has been released:

For AutoCAD 2021 for Mac:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-for-mac-202111-hotfix.html?v=2021

For AutoCAD LT 2021 for Mac:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-lt-for-mac-202111-hotfix.html?v=2021

@Anonymous wrote:

....... we are facing usage issues please release as soon as possible. Thank you

What usage issues do you have with AutoCAD 2021 for Mac on Big Sur?

Can you provide more details?

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Any suggestions for comtability of AutoCAD LT 2022 for MAC and macOS Big Sur 11.3.1 please?

Message 4 of 11
maxim_k

Hi @Anonymous ,

>>>>Any suggestions for comtability of AutoCAD LT 2022 for MAC and macOS Big Sur 11.3.1 please?

It is fully compatible.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

hey there. I have now 11.3.1. big sur Mac book pro M1. I installed acad but it was slow and freezing, I learnt about rosetta. but I didn't work on me instead of I tried to install it from terminal and special different for Autocad. it doesn't open with using rosetta even didn't suggest me that. for example excel offers to open by rosetta in the general informations of app, but Autocad doesn't even suggest that ...  can you please help me ?? I am so much close to sell this new Ma book 

can you please

Message 6 of 11
maxim_k

Hi @Anonymous ,

AutoCAD for Mac is Intel only app for now, but Microsoft Office apps are Universal Binary. That is why you can see Rosetta option for Excel and don't see it for AutoCAD.

AutoCAD runs on Macs with M1 chip under Rosetta 2 mode by default and you cannot change this.

>>>>I installed acad but it was slow and freezing,

I believe it is not because of Rosetta 2 mode, as AutoCAD runs on my side on Mac mini M1 with the same speed as on Intel Mac.

Do you see delays and freezes  in all drawings including newly created?

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Hello Maxim

Firstly thank you for you answer. It is pretty satisfied. i have this problem for all the dwg files which are already more then 50 mb. I really don’t know what should I do. Atucoad is my eighty percent of job and I can not work for a long time..

It freezes after every click. Every comment. The icon of mouse starts turning like a colourful ball and that’s all. Using of ram is one hundred percent. Just wait for lots of minutes and it becomes fine or I need to force to quit …

I really don’t know what should I do… it looks like the only solution is coming back to Microsoft..

Also I wonder can my problem happen because I use free version without any restrictions for 1 month. ? it also makes me confused.

Thank you for all your attention.

Best regards
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Hello Maxim

Firstly thank you for you answer. It is pretty satisfied. i have this problem for all the dwg files which are already more then 50 mb. I really don’t know what should I do. Atucoad is my eighty percent of job and I can not work for a long time..

It freezes after every click. Every comment. The icon of mouse starts turning like a colourful ball and that’s all. Using of ram is one hundred percent. Just wait for lots of minutes and it becomes fine or I need to force to quit …

I really don’t know what should I do… it looks like the only solution is coming back to Microsoft..

Also I wonder can my problem happen because  I use free version without any restrictions for 1 month. ? it also makes me confused. 

Thank you for all your attention.

Best regards
Message 9 of 11
maxim_k

Open Recent blocks tab of Blocks palette, right-click on empty space and select “Clear all”.
Test the performance now.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 10 of 11
maxim_k

If everything goes well now, set system variable BLOCKMRULIST=0.
This will block populating Recent tab of Blocks palette with new items:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/ENU/AutoC...

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 11 of 11
maxim_k

If the first advice wouldn’t help, check if there are Parametric Constraints in your drawings. If you don’t need them, then remove them all.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report