AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shift Middle Mouse orbiting [AutoCAD for Mac]

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jdeye
802 Views, 7 Replies

Shift Middle Mouse orbiting [AutoCAD for Mac]

I just switched to AutoCAD for Mac and am using a Magic Mouse. Multiple times a day I hit shift to get to OSNAP settings or "mid between two points" and then move my mouse and my screen orbits out of alignment. Can I turn off shift middle mouse? I don't even have a middle mouse button so it's incredibly frustrating. Thanks!

@jdeye 

The topic title has been edited to improve findability by @alina.balkanskaia. Original:  Shift Middle Mouse orbiting

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: jdeye

Hi @jdeye ,

Do you only move mouse with Shift key? Or you also press and hold mouse button?

What macOS installed on your Mac and what AutoCAD for Mac version are you using?

What settings do you have for Magic Mouse buttons in macOS System Preferences?

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 8
alina.balkanskaia

Hello, @jdeye! Thank you for asking your question in Community!  That is essential to share your answer to @maxim_k questions because these details could give experts a clear picture and helps to get a solution for you.

Alina Balkanskaia
Community Manager
Message 4 of 8
jdeye
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi @maxim_k, sorry it's been a busy day. I am just holding the shift key and then if my finger even slightly moves on the Magic Mouse (which often happens when I go to right click) it starts to orbit the screen.

I'm using AutoCAD 2023 and my OS is Ventura, though I had the same issue with Big Sur before I updated a few days ago.

My mouse settings are natural scrolling - on, secondary click- click right side, smart zoom - on, swipe between pages - off, swipe between full screen applications - on, Mission Control - on.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 8
maxim_k

Hi @jdeye ,

I don't have Magic Mouse at hand now, but it seems to me that it is impossible to disable Shift+finger moving on Magic Mouse for 3D Orbit.

I will be able to test this only on Monday.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 8
alina.balkanskaia

@maxim_k Warm greetings! Thank you for your kind assistance here on Forum! 🙏 You are a great Solution maker! We all should have to thank you for all the valuable advice you post here! That would be great if you could check Magic Mouce in a couple of weeks! 😀 

Alina Balkanskaia
Community Manager
Message 7 of 8
maxim_k

Hi @alina.balkanskaia and @jdeye ,

I'm really busy right now and sorry I forgot to check this....

I'll try not to forget tomorrow.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 8
maxim_k

Hi @jdeye ,

I checked Magic Mouse and I think it is impossible to change such behavior in AutoCAD for Mac.

So the only one way to avoid 3D ORBIT is not to move finger while you press Shift button.

Оn the other hand - if you use Magic Mouse, then you do not use the middle mouse button for panning.

So, you can try Middle application to enable middle click with Magic Mouse, set MBUTTONPAN system variable to 0 (zero) and use middle click without keyboard to call OSNASP menu.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report