AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Manager Label Views and Callouts

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
495 Views, 4 Replies

Project Manager Label Views and Callouts

Hello,

I used to work on AutoCAD for Windows, and am now setting up AutoCAD for Mac. I understand the Project Manager is the Mac equivalent to the Sheet Set Manager. I used to be able to place views on my layouts and assign them view numbers. Then, I would label them through the project manager with dynamic labels. I also used to use dynamic section/elevation/detail callouts that would reference these views, so if any view had to be re-numbered or shuffled around, everything would update automatically. 

When I set up my project dst file, I showed the Project Manager where the callout blocks are, however I can't figure out how to actually number my views and have Project Manager recognize my views. Whenever I try to use callouts or labels, it shows the layout number, but not a view number. 

Can anyone help me out? I am used to using dynamic label/callout blocks and want to be able to use them on a Mac!

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the same issue! When I save a view, I don't know how to edit the view number. Hope someone can help.

Message 3 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Emily,
>>>>>I understand the Project Manager is the Mac equivalent to the Sheet Set Manager.
Yes, Project Manager on Mac is similar to SSM in AutoCAD for Windows, but its functionality is limited. Not all functions of SSM available in Project Manager in AC for Mac.
And one of such limitations is the lack in the Mac version of the ability to create Layout views from Model space views in Project Manager. As a result - you cannot number views and insert view automated labels as you can in SSM in AutoCAD for Windows. At the same time view labels and callout blocks, created with SSM on PC version of AutoCAD will show correct information, but you cannot edit them or create new on Mac.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 5
adriancastineira
in reply to: maxim_k

Is there a simple answer to the reason why the Project Manager functionality remains sub par compared to the windows version year after year?

These are obviously very useful features and somehow the answer always remains: "Project manager has limited functionality compared to Sheet Set Manager. To be honest I do not use Project Manager"

It was frustrating in 2018 and remains frustrating in 2022.

Message 5 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: adriancastineira

Hi @adriancastineira ,

We are all ordinary AutoCAD users here, just like you.

If you would like to make a feature improvement request, please leave your feedback here:

https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report