AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent blue circles and dashed line - Autocad LT Mac

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Madhatttr
2827 Views, 15 Replies

Persistent blue circles and dashed line - Autocad LT Mac

Hello,

A small query here that no doubt has a simple answer.

My drawing seems to have developed blue circles along one particular spline. I don't know if something has become turned on by accident or what. But they seem to persist whatever i do. When Regenerating the drawing, they just change scale, and are there regardless of selection of the item.

If anyone could suggest how i could get rid if these i would appreciate it!

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 14.45.17.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 14.51.57.png

  

Labels (4)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
maxim_k
in reply to: Madhatttr

Hi @Madhatttr,

Does they appear when you select spline or you can see them all the time?
Looks like you are seeing spline control vertices.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 16
Madhatttr
in reply to: maxim_k

They appear all the time. They are in the same position as the vertices. But when selecting the spline they just change scale and carry on persisting.

Message 4 of 16
pendean

Post your DWG file
Message 5 of 16
Madhatttr
in reply to: pendean

unfortunately, I won't be able to post the dwg due to the content. Screenshots of the particular spline are the best I can do. (sorry!)

Pasting into a new dwg doesn't seem to recreate the problem interestingly.

Message 6 of 16
maxim_k

You can - create a copy of your drawing, erase / purge everything except splines and attach here.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 16
pendean

>>....Pasting into a new dwg doesn't seem to recreate the problem interestingly....<<<
There you go, you found the fix: now run with it.

Message 8 of 16
Madhatttr

well...I wouldn't consider it a fix (barely a workaround). Especially if would have to transfer an entire drawing to another file. Which would then lose all the groupings etc. 

I was hoping there would be a solution in case something similar happened again as it seems a bit of a bug. 

But thanks anyway.

Message 9 of 16
pendean

Can't be a bug if we don't have your DWG file to see it for ourselves and all of us recreate it all the time, even in new drawings that we copy into: that's not how bug reporting works friend.

Share or work with what we have discovered here with you so far.

Good luck.

Message 10 of 16
Madhatttr

Don't worry I understand that isn't how bug reporting works. (Hence why I said it 'seems' like a bit of a bug. ) Thanks for the helpful tip though. 

Hopefully I will be able to recreate it some time and we can figure out what is going wrong. 

Nothing much discovered either. I do understand how it is very difficult without the dwg. Worth a try though! Bit of a dead-end for us all at the moment.

You too! 🙃

Message 11 of 16
Madhatttr

Hello again!

So autocad seems to have been quite laggy since the previous post. Even after re starts. Which seems like it could be connected. This is the case even with an empty file, so doesn't seem to be as a result of a heavy file. I think i will go for a re-install and see if that helps.

Anyway, I have attached a file with a spline that had the issue occurring to. I'm not sure if once re-opening the file it the circles come back. But there could be something there that an expert eye might notice.

Thanks.

Message 12 of 16
maxim_k

>>>>>So autocad seems to have been quite laggy since the previous post.
Try to clear all blocks from "Recent Blocks" tab of Blocks palette.

>>>>I have attached a file with a spline that had the issue occurring to
No issues on my side.

What AutoCAD version do you have? If it is 2021, then try to change Graphics Engine on General tab of AutoCAD Preferences from Metal to OpenGL Core Profile, then relaunch AutoCAD.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 13 of 16
Madhatttr

Clearing the recent blocks seems to have been a big help. Interesting, thank you! Any idea of why that causes problems?

>>>>>>>>I have attached a file with a spline that had the issue occurring to
>>>>No issues on my side.

Strange. 

Message 14 of 16
maxim_k

>>>> Any idea of why that causes problems?
No idea, but this bug has been present in AutoCAD for Mac since 2020 version, when new Blocks palette was introduced.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 15 of 16
Madhatttr

Interesting. I'll be honest, it isn't a feature i have used at all. But will keep an eye on the issue in the future!! Perhaps the issue with the vertices persisting was connected in some way? Something to do with the lagging etc. 

Anyway, Thanks again.

Message 16 of 16
aeichnerMBLN5

"...can't be a bug if we don't have your DWG file..." I think you just changed the definition of a bug.

"...that's not how bug reporting works..." He found a bug and reported it?!? The reporting of the bug worked just fine. It may not get fixed, but most of the most useful workarounds I find are from 10 year old threads regarding bugs that never got fixed, so that's not a big loss.

"...friend." That guy does not need enemies.

When I experienced this graphical glitch it resolved itself with a restart, so it was a different issue with similar symptoms.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost