AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NLS warnings windows need to be removed or add an ignore option so they don't pop up.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
betazero
441 Views, 4 Replies

NLS warnings windows need to be removed or add an ignore option so they don't pop up.

I am tired of this and will make it my mission to get rid of the problem. I have tried other CAD programs (Briscad and ARES Commander) which do not have this problem but are inferior for the time being to Autocad. I Xref in DWGs from Sketchup and have to do it for any change etc. I then have to open those drawings and run a lisp routine to kill the NLS warning. Each main drawing has around 12 Xrefed DWGs for elevations, floor plan, roof, sections etc.  I attached the warning and a rectangle I drew in Sketchup and then exported from Sketchup. What is the proper channel to get this 6 year+ old problem fixed? I have submitted a "feature" request...Bug reports...posted to this forum like 100 times..... 

By the way I have tried every DWG version for Sketchup and landed on release 14 for the least amount of NLS warnings. Some give 2-3 per dwg. 

It tells me to goto the "Windows Control Panel".....uhh I am on a MAC so where exactly do I go? Do I need to install windows and goto the control panel there to fix my Mac?

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 7.06.30 PM.png

Simple solution is add the recover option you get when you open it to the attach and refresh of xrefs. That way it can automatically fix the problems and not tell me about it.

If someone has found a solution please help.

Thanks,

Russell

Labels (1)
  • bug
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: betazero

Hi @betazero 

>>>>>>What is the proper channel to get this 6 year+ old problem fixed?

I think the proper channel is here:

https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
betazero
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks. I submitted it but not holding my breath. 

Message 4 of 5
betazero
in reply to: betazero

Here is the simple solution...A simple ignore checkbox please. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 7.06.30 PM.png

Message 5 of 5
betazero
in reply to: maxim_k

Do they even respond to these contact-us/product-feedback things? I didn't even get an auto response. No idea if it even went anywhere.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report