AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Font symbols not viewable when view from teachers Windows based system

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
eduardo.moore
697 Views, 2 Replies

My Font symbols not viewable when view from teachers Windows based system

First of all I an taking Intro to CAD  using AutoCAD 2020 (student) on my MBP. We are now starting to place symbols  on our drawing. I just got my assignments back and lost 18 points out of 100 due to my Counterbore and depth symbols showing up as ":white_large_square:︎" . I was told by my teacher to invest in a Windows computer for class even though mine is not yet a year old. After I have drawn my assignments we use E Drawings as a viewer to check my work and it shows up correct. 

I textedit the Dim and change fonts from simplex.shx to the gdt.shx font we are to use and hit the symbol dropdown and select other as instructed. From here I type "counterbore" in the search field I clicked on suggested one: Unicode. I did not notice at the time that it was not from the get.shx but an Apple Symbol font. The other choices are Arial, Cambria, and Cambria Math. I asked the Prof and he said to just do the work and wait and see if he can view it. Any help would be helpful do to my final coming up next week and I hate to lose points for stupid reasons.

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: eduardo.moore

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Eduardo,

If you need Counterbore and depth symbols in dimension text, you can use this trick:

- create dimension

- start to edit it by double-clicking

- put cursor to the place where you need to type one of the symbols

- in Text editor Visor select get.shx font from Font drop-down

- ensure that you have English (in my case I use U.S.) keyboard layout and type lowercase "v" letter for Counterbor symbol or lowercase "x" for depth symbol:

2020-07-18_15-28-38.png

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
eduardo.moore
in reply to: maxim_k

This helps me get those few points that I don't want to leave out on the table. Having this class online for the first time has been a challenge for the teacher and he has been slow or not responding to questions especially for the Friday sections that open at noon and are due Monday by 6pm. Changed my last 6 assignments then submitted them. Getting ready for the final this week. 

Thanks again Maxim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report