AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Cad LT 2013 will not open on El Capitan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
397 Views, 2 Replies

My Cad LT 2013 will not open on El Capitan

So I have now downloaded El Capitan and i cannot open Auto Cad LT anymore.

I tried to roll back to Yosemite but that will not over write El capitan.

The question is when will AutoDesk have a fix for this I need my software running not sitting idle on my computer

OH I have Auto Cad LT 2013.

I do not want to upgrade to the new platform with monthly payments so i prefer to stay with the 2013 sand alone option.

RSV ASAP PLEASE  

Geoff

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Many of us had the same issue last year with Yosemite. It took over 4 months until Autodesk issued a patch (actually a version) that worked, and for quite a while it was not clear if they would so at all. I'll stay with Yosemite until this is clear this time. If they do not issue a patch or a SP, I will likely change to a free option like Draftsight. I've been using Draftsight last year during the time when AutoCad LT 2013 was OoO, and its OK as an alternative - and its free 🙂

Message 3 of 3
dr.palmer
in reply to: Anonymous

AutoCAD for Mac 2015 is compatible with Mac OSX Yosemite (10.10). AutoCAD for Mac versions 2014 and earlier currently are not compatible with Mac OSX Yosemite (10.10). These versions may launch, but will not operate properly and damage to your project data could occur.
We strongly encourage you to carefully check operating system compatibility with your version of AutoCAD for Mac before upgrading your Mac to OSX 10.10 (Yosemite)

One solution is having a partition (or a separate drive) with a compatible system on it and install your software on it.

You then can boot into this system and run your program on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report