AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated from Windows to Mac, but struggling.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
265 Views, 1 Reply

Migrated from Windows to Mac, but struggling.

Hi , I new to using a Mac,  I have just installed Autocad 2021 but am struggling to find my way around.  

I am trying to set it up similar to my Windows environment.  I have some questions I hope someone can help with?

I would like to customize the shortcuts when I right click the mouse but cant find where to do that?

I would like to specify a range of default personal settings so when I click on a new drawing the settings are the same every time?

Any other tips or tricks would be very much appreciated?

Many thanks

Erik

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Erik,

>>>>I would like to customize the shortcuts when I right click the mouse but cant find where to do that?

Customizing shortcuts and right-click menus is not officially supported in current AutoCAD for Mac version.

But you can find some useful information here:

https://macacad.wordpress.com/2010/10/28/creating-shortcuts-for-custom-commands-in-autocad-for-mac/

https://macacad.wordpress.com/2010/12/20/edit-and-create-shortcuts-in-autocad-for-mac-yes-it-is-poss...

>>>>I would like to specify a range of default personal settings so when I click on a new drawing the settings are the same every time?

Do you mean Startup dialog?

2021-02-11_15-15-19.png

If yes, then it is not available on Mac.

But you can create and save your custom templates and then use them for new drawings.

>>>>>Any other tips or tricks would be very much appreciated?

Can you be more specific?

AutoCAD for Mac also has many functional limitations compared to AutoCAD for Windows. You can study >>>this<<< document to understand what other features are missing in AutoCAD for Mac.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report