AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft can do the ribbon on Mac, why can't AutoCAD?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
candlish_paul
185 Views, 5 Replies

Microsoft can do the ribbon on Mac, why can't AutoCAD?

Microsoft Office has the ribbon on MacOS, why can't AutoCAD? The interface is so outdated and limited.

Will this ever be on the cards?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: candlish_paul

@candlish_paul wrote:

Microsoft Office has the ribbon on MacOS, why can't AutoCAD? The interface is so outdated and limited.

Will this ever be on the cards?

We are all end users around here just like you.

But you can ask Autodesk to make the changes you want here https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

And you can also participate in BETA testing here https://feedback.autodesk.com/enter/ 

Message 3 of 6
RAmeeti
in reply to: candlish_paul

Coming in late on this, I am running AutoCAD 2025 on a Mac. I have all of the icons on the left side. I do not have a Ribbon on the top, nor panels. I just have a row of Quick Access icons (New, Open, Save, SaveAs, etc) at the top.

Is there no ability to put the groups of commands at the top with a bit of text next to each icon in a Ribbon style as it is on a PC?

Message 4 of 6
pendean
in reply to: RAmeeti

@RAmeeti wrote:

...Is there no ability to put the groups of commands at the top with a bit of text next to each icon in a Ribbon style as it is on a PC?

Nope. plus... No ribbons and No Ribbon panels in the MAC versions of AutoCAD.

if this is a dire business or personal need, your AutoCAD subscription allows you full access to both the MAC and WindowsOS versions of AutoCAD, including all the specialized Windows-only custom variants of AutoCAD that do so much more than plain AutoCAD. All you need is something like THIS 

Message 5 of 6
RAmeeti
in reply to: pendean

Gotta luv the support of fellow users. Thank you for your response.

Your quick response sure beat the hour long messaging from Support Assistance where I was directed to type RIBBON at the command line, to Reset AutoCAD (and lose all the time spending getting it closer to my needs), reinstalling AutoCAD, and multiple other efforts that my search through the support channels had already offered to no avail. Kinda like trying to put lipstick on a pig.  🙂

Message 6 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: RAmeeti

@RAmeeti wrote:

Your quick response sure beat the hour long messaging from Support Assistance where I was directed to type RIBBON at the command line, to Reset AutoCAD (and lose all the time spending getting it closer to my needs), reinstalling AutoCAD, and multiple other efforts that my search through the support channels had already offered to no avail. ...

Have you informed technical support that you are using AutoCAD for Mac?

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report