AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacOS High Sierra Compatibility for AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT for Mac

51 REPLIES 51
SOLVED
Message 1 of 52
john.vellek
42249 Views, 51 Replies

MacOS High Sierra Compatibility for AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT for Mac

AutoCAD for Mac Users,

The next release of the MacOS, High Sierra, is scheduled for public availability on September 25, 2017.  This upgrade to the operating system (OS) will introduce a new 64-bit file system “APFS” which is optimized for solid state drives. Please be aware that currently AutoCAD for Mac 2017 and previous versions are not designed to run on this new file system and will not function properly. We are actively working on fixing this issue.

Meanwhile, we encourage you to use our public beta for the pre-release version  of AutoCAD for Mac 2018 with High Sierra.

I also would like to provide a link to MacWorld.uk that details some applications that won't work with the new macOS. It is always smart to look before you leap.

[EDIT] updates are available for AutoCAD for Mac 2017 and AutoCAD LT for Mac 2017 to enable compatibility with High Sierra and to to increase performance. Updates can be found in your account page. 

Capture.PNG

The full update of AutoCAD for Mac 2017.2 can be found here

The full update of AutoCAD LT  for Mac 2017.2 can be found here

The patch for  AutoCAD for Mac 2017.2 can be found here

The patch for  AutoCAD LT  for Mac 2017.2 can be found here

Please see the attached Readme file for additional information.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
51 REPLIES 51
Message 2 of 52
urbanik.m
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks for the information. But I am having problems with new installation on my clean installed MacBook. I downloaded full installation with update 2017.2 (Autodesk_AutoCAD_2017_Mac_OSX_R2.dmg) but the problem with file system persists.

screenshot.pngI just signed up for the beta.autodesk.com and I do not see the 2018 beta in there.

Message 3 of 52
maxim_k
in reply to: urbanik.m

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Matěj,

Do you have macOS High Sierra on your Mac? Can you check how the main partition is formatted on your disk via Disk Utility? Please post screen shot like this one:2017-09-27_09-38-52.png

Are you sure you are using the correct installer?

And about Beta testing - you need to wait for some time in order your request to be approved.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 52
wei503

2017.2 version supports both HFS+ and APFS case-insensitive format, and does not support the case-sensitive format. Please check if you are using case-sensitive format.

Thanks,
Wei

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Message 5 of 52
urbanik.m
in reply to: wei503

I just clean installed my MacBook and it changed the HFS+ (non-case sensitive) to APFS case sensitive. I cannot change it though. I just think that I have to go back to Sierra and keep using HFS+ until Autodesk upfates the Autocad for Mac to install flawlessly on my computer.
Message 6 of 52
maxim_k

I believe - APFS case sensitive will NEVER be supported, the same way as HFS+ case sensitive is not supported.

In order to be able to install and use AutoCAD for Mac you need to use non-case sensitive file system.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 52
urbanik.m
in reply to: maxim_k

Okay, thank you for the help. I will try to reformat the drive in case-insensitive APFS and install the macOS. Then I will try to install the Autocad. I will post my results here then.
Message 8 of 52
sapote

I was confused by this and couldn't verify which "case" mine was looking at DU until I clicked on Info. Always used "Mac OS Extended (Journaled), but don't recall having to choose case, and now I can see that file format is not case-sensitive.

From DU>Macintosh HD>Info (line 9):

"Is case-sensitive : No"

Message 9 of 52
tzbpro

Im very sorry, but I can't believe what you are writing...? You are selling auto cad fo MAC, so you must do new version for 2017 and 2017 installer app which is working under High Sierra? ??? Clients pay for working auto cad not for malfunctioning auto cad. I have auto cad LT 2016 for mac on 1 computer, how I can now install 2017? Installer app doesn't work? For example. ? 

Message 10 of 52
maxim_k
in reply to: tzbpro

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Marek,

The installer or AutoCAD 2017 for Mac compatible with macOS High Sierra is here:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-for-...

2016 version is still not supported, but I believe it will get an Update in near future.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 11 of 52
john.vellek
in reply to: tzbpro

HI @tzbpro,

I suggest not using AutoCAD for Mac 2016 in High SIerra as it is not designed to run in that operating system and may cause you some problems. If you currently have the 2017 version installed on your Mac I suggest that you first uninstall it. Then, using the link in my first post for the Full install of AutoCAD 2017.2 run the installer which is designed for High Sierra.

If you feel that your AutoCAD for Mac 2017 was running properly in Sierra, then simply leave it installed and just run the update from my first post.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 12 of 52
rgwhatley

Does anyone know if 2016 has been updated to run on high sierra? What about those of us with perpetual licences? I'm not interested in renting my software thanks.

Message 13 of 52
john.vellek
in reply to: rgwhatley

Hi @rgwhatley,

Unfortunately, at this time AutoCAD 2016 will not run/install on macOS High Sierra.  If/when a path or new build becomes available, I will make sure to come to the forum to post a notification.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 14 of 52
rgwhatley

If its not updated, can I get a refund?

Message 15 of 52
john.vellek

HI @rgwhatley,

I encourage you to be patient in upgrading your OS to High Sierra. An update or patch is forthcoming for AutoCAD for Mac 2016 but I do no have a release date as of yet.  Here is an article that discusses compatibility for High Sierra.

John Vellek

Message 16 of 52
fazalaleemch
in reply to: wei503

Dear All, I will update osx high sierra , but unfortunately auto cad 2017 are not working. and i will download from auto cad site 2017.2 but thats also not working. Please help. I have my disc portion is APFS VOLUME . APFS (ENCRYPTED)

Message 17 of 52
fazalaleemch

IT,S NOT WORKING 

Message 18 of 52
sapote

@rgwhatley wrote:

If its not updated, can I get a refund?

Refund from Autodesk? Funny. You may be able to trade, get a discount, towards subscription. Have you even given much thought to why you don't want to "rent" your SW or worked out the cost compared to buying new SW every year or two (or the cost for not having SW that is out-of-date)? I also used to think I did not want a ACAD subscription at first, but I'm much more satisfied with the subscription then with buying ($1,200+/-). The subscription actually made sense once I looked into it. I can pay per month, or annual (discount), or three years I think it was,... I've had an annual subscription for 2-3 years now and the cost is much more affordable then the cost to buy and then having to pay in full again, and again, and again,.. for the next release. You always have the most recent version w/ subscription and can cancel any time (with monthly) and not lose money, or have an app that is out of date, or not compatible with latest Mac OS. You really should consider it if you're full time work, or even part time. And I hate ACAD (forced to use for work).

Message 19 of 52
fazalaleemch

2017.2 are not working on osx high sierra , i will download which you write, i have APFS (ENCRYPTED) Please help.

Message 20 of 52
john.vellek
in reply to: fazalaleemch

HI @fazalaleemch,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD for Mac forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Here is an article that describes the drive format that is compatible with AutoCAD 2017.2.

You need to make sure that it is case-insensitive.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost