AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line length has disappeared? And an overall preference setting question as well.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
372 Views, 1 Reply

Line length has disappeared? And an overall preference setting question as well.

So I just got this new job, and haven't used Autocad in probably close to 3. So these questions are more than likely going to be a quick fix.

So whenever I start a new project It defaults to Decimal units. Is there a way to make it default to Architectural?

Also, I do alot of work that requires the square-footage of areas, and it always shows square-inches - I can see sq ft when I hover over it, just wondering if theres a way to make sq ft the default as well.

Lastly, the line length display in the properties tab just disappeared - How would I go about getting that back in the properties tab?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi @Anonymous ,

First, let me ask you: Which version of AutoCAD are you using? And what macOS you have on your Mac.

>>>>> whenever I start a new project It defaults to Decimal units. Is there a way to make it default to Architectural?

Use menu File -> New drawing (NEW command) and select acad.dwt as a template, then use menu Format -> Units and set Type of Length to "Architectural":

2021-04-17_08-54-16.png

>>>>> it always shows square-inches - I can see sq ft when I hover over it, just wondering if theres a way to make sq ft the default as well.

Not sure about getting information about an area when you hover mouse over an object in AutoCAD for Mac, because it doesn't show info about area (that is why I asked my first two questions). But if you mean you can see an area in Properties Inspector, that there is no way to set sq feet as default area units, AutoCAD always show sq feet it in brackets after sq inches.

>>>>the line length display in the properties tab just disappeared

I can see line length in Properties Inspector on my side. Verify that you have "All" properties active on the top of Properties Inspector:

2021-04-17_09-23-00.png

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report