Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout from Created Template Not Working

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3232 Views, 3 Replies

Layout from Created Template Not Working

Hi all,

I made a title block template a while back ago and used it for a few months and worked wonderfully! But now every time I choose "New Layout From Template" the new layout just shows a blank page. I am running the most updated version of AutoCAD 2016 on MAC OS X Yosemite.

What is even more strange is that when I go to choose my Layout I can see the actual correct template I'm referencing. It's just when I click on it and it is inserted as a new sheet it comes a blank page. All I've really tried is updating AutoCAD. I don't really know what else to do. Has anyone had this problem before or know how to solve it? Thanks so much!

To better explain the above paragraph I've attached 2 pictures. The first you can see my Layout named "Portrait". It is clear that my titleblock is there. However, when referenced in the next image it's just blank.

UPDATE: I just pulled out an old file and am able to use my own template on it.. So it seems its an issue with particular .dwg files. Hope this helps

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> ...So it seems its an issue with particular .dwg files. << 

I suggest to use PURGE (Regapps) and AUDIT commands in that particular CAD file. and make sure that there is no different blocks or xrefs have the same name between the two files.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

if that is Mac specific then maybe it's a help if you search for similar issues in the AutoCAD for Mac forum >>>there<<<.

Maybe someone had already a similar experience there...

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

AUDIT command Fixed the issue 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report