AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer State Manager issues after upgrading to 2018 Autocad LT for Mac

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jeanne.m.davis
1273 Views, 3 Replies

Layer State Manager issues after upgrading to 2018 Autocad LT for Mac

Hello,

I upgraded to 2018 Autocad LT for Mac. I am now having issues with my layer states manager. Specifically, when I go to layer states manager and try to check the "layers to restore" boxes: Color and Linetype. When those boxes are checked, I get an error message that my layer states are "not found." When those boxes are not checked, the layer states work without getting an error message. However, I need the color and linetypes to change with different layer states and can't figure out how to fix this.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: jeanne.m.davis

Hi Jeanne,

I tried your scenario and seems it works on my side.
Can you post the drawing with layer states in which you have troubles? Please indicate also which one layer state you want to restore with only color and linetype properties.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
jeanne.m.davis
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi Maxim,

Here's a portion of the drawing. Autocad won't let me turn on Color, Linetype, Lineweight, Transparency or Plot Style of the "Layer Properties to Restore." 

Also, is there another way to import layer states from another drawing? I don't see that as an option in the Layer States Manager.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: jeanne.m.davis

Hi Jeanne,

I was able to edit layer states in your drawing with -LAYER (yes, with dash before the name) command. And now all layer properties are ON in layer states.

-LAYER is command line version of LAYER command, which allows to edit layer states in the command line - you need to use "stAte" option inside -LAYER command:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACDMAC/2018/ENU/index.html?guid=GUID-2C75A883-10CA-4B6C-96AC-BCD7A7794...

With "stAte" option you can also import and export layer states.

Have to mention that there is something wrong in the layer states (FLOOR PLAN and REFLECTED CEILING PLAN) - it is impossible to change "layer properties to restore" with Layer States Manager for these layer states, only with command line version of LAYER command.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost