Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Names Disappear in Properties Dropdown Menu

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ky658326
339 Views, 2 Replies

Layer Names Disappear in Properties Dropdown Menu

Hi!

I'm using AutoCAD LT for Mac (2023), when I'm trying to change the properties of an object the layer I want to move it to doesn't show up in the properties manager, but shows in the actual layer list. It's like the properties layer list doesn't want to go past the letter 't' even though the layer I need starts with a 'v'. I've updated the MAXSORT to be over 2000, even though I would bet that the layer count is under 200. 

I can't seem to find any filtering info or ways that the drawing would limit the amount of layers displayed. I've even tried restoring default settings and re-installing 2023, and also 2024.

Any help would be appreciated, as it seems like it's been a common problem for me lately no matter the CAD drawing. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: ky658326

"layer state" is just a static list used to turn on/off layers among other things, it does NOT create layers not already in your DWG file. Are you assuming a layer is there when it is not perhaps?

or do you have a layer filter running that is masking your full layer list?

Time to share that DWG file here if you can.
Message 3 of 3
matthewgranelli
in reply to: ky658326

ky658326, have you found a solution to this issue?  

I have the same issue, started about a week or two ago, and it makes it very difficult to change linework to 'x-' layers.  It seemed to start of ignoring all the layers after the layer below defpoints for me.  After I managed to change some linework to an 'x-' layer by typing 'x' then 'enter' keyboard keys while the properties manger's layer dropdown was active, the next time I went to change linework's layer, that beforehand, unseen 'x-' layer was now visible.  

This has nothing to do with layer states or filters, as I've never created either.  It also occurs for me on all .dwg files.

I just went back to take a screenshot similar to ky658326 to share and something changed.  I pulled to layer menu out of the stack I have it in, docked to the right, and clicked the properties manager's layer dropdown menu.  All layers showed up.  I also added a few more 'x-' layers and those appears, too.  It is unclear what changed, but I think it has to do with the scroll not completely working because when the layer menu is returned to the stack, the properties manager menu is pushed down a little and its layer dropdown menu will not scroll all the way to the bottom again.  Removing the properties manager from the stack and moving it towards the top of the screen yields the same result as removing the layers menu.

Pretty finicky menu scroll, which also just happens to be vital for working in Autodesk LT's Mac version.  What a pain!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report