AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with dividing a drawing in two

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1330 Views, 4 Replies

Help with dividing a drawing in two

Good morning, 

My firm is working on a project and I need to divide an Autocad drawing into two pieces in order to move it into another software for rendering. (The software does not allow such a large file, the project is 24 acres) 

I have looked and I can't seem to find a way or a command that would help me do so. I am at a standstill. Divide command will not allow me to choose more than one object at a time. I am currently using 2019 mac. 

Please advice. 

Thank you in advance!! 

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> Divide command will not allow me to choose more than one object at a time.

DIVIDE command is NOT the command that will help , it's totally another story !!

Since we don't have any image for your drawing , the idea is to look and search for an area that you can separate from .

all waht you have to do is to use WBLOCK  command or  SAVE AS command ( recommended ) . now you have two dwg files , remove one part from each .

Don't forget to use AUDIT , -Purge ( Regapps ) and Purge commands for both files to clean your CAD dwg and reduce file sizes . 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You create two DWG files with SAVEAS command.
ERASE one half of your content in one file.
ERASE the opposite half of your content in the second drawing.

What else would you like to do?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Thank you for your suggestion. 

I am currently trying to make a section a WBLOCK.  However, I have two long lines running down the plan. Would there be a way to do a clean cut through the middle? Like a clean horizontal line? I'd like to cut where the light blue line is in the middle. 

Attached is the screenshot of the project.

sample.png

Thank you!! 

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hello, 

I tried your suggestion and I simply copied half on the drawing and then added a reference line going across and lined up the verticle lines with that. It worked just like I needed. 

The WBLOCK suggestion would have worked too. I managed to get it to separate with the reference line as a guide. 

Thank you!!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report