Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grips Will Not Automatically Stretch ACAD LT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
shaunaspencerdesign
245 Views, 3 Replies

Grips Will Not Automatically Stretch ACAD LT

Hello! I have been a user of ACAD for over a decade. Recently I am unable to click on a grip (on a line, rec, etc...) and pull/stretch it. Instead, I click on a grip and a pop up menu appears that gives the option to "STRETCH" "LENGTHEN". I then have to click stretch and proceed. It is extremely annoying and slows down my work flow significantly. Has anyone ran in to this issue and does anyone have any tips on how to fix it? 

Computer: Macbook Pro MacOS 14.4
ACAD Version: 2021 ACAT LT Version S.50.M.899
Mouse: Magic Mouse

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi @shaunaspencerdesign ,

AutoCAD LT 2021 is not supported on macOS Sonoma (14.x).

Problem with grips was fixed only in AutoCAD LT for Mac versions that have received updates ensuring compatibility with macOS Sonoma: 2022, 2023, 2024 and in AutoCAD LT for Mac 2025.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4

Thank you. So does this mean I need to purchase an updated version of ACAD or do I need to update my computer software? 

Message 4 of 4

Hi @shaunaspencerdesign ,

If you can use 2021 version on your Mac , this means that you are on subscription.

If you are on subscription, you can use the latest version of AutoCAD for Mac , just download it from your Autodesk account and install.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report