AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flatten command issues

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
markPZ5EV
257 Views, 5 Replies

Flatten command issues

What can be done to keep dim text and lines from changing after flatten command performed?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: markPZ5EV

Changing? please explain in more detail, FLATTEN command is not a constant, it's a one-use tool, plus AutoCAD is a 3D capable program, so it takes some effort to keep everything "2D".
Message 3 of 6
markPZ5EV
in reply to: pendean

Various blocks with scaled 2" text act like they have been exploded and enlarge to drawing scaled 4" text,
possibly along with various dimension lines, as well as sometimes disappearing components of wiring diagram blocks.
I did not have this issue with my Windows AMD processor previous laptop. It is rather scary.
I was hoping that maybe there was a system variable that could be changed or something.

Thanks for responding.
Message 4 of 6
maxim_k

Hi @markPZ5EV ,

Can you share sample drawing which shows this issue?

It would be nice also to have some instructions to reproduce the problem in it.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 6
pendean

@markPZ5EV you seem to be describing ANNOTATIVE TEXT and DIMENSIONs, not much else.

Share your DWG file here, let's see your issue in your file when you get a chance.
Message 6 of 6
markPZ5EV
in reply to: maxim_k

I already cleaned up each of the probably last three or four effected drawings recently done (the first on my new MAC). I never had this issue on my AMD processor in Windows.
     Perhaps the next one, when it happens, I will save and send along. They are blocks, details and wiring diagrams with 1 & 2" text for 1/2" scaled drawing title blocks in size D. The rest of drawing has 4" text with plan, section & elevation views 1/4" scale D size for construction installation and permitting.

Thanks for your interest,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report