AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing lines are transparent

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
9618 Views, 13 Replies

drawing lines are transparent

Hi, I am having problems with autocad for mac this morning. I can draw lines and copy objects but the results are extremely difficult to see, almost transparent. I cannot find out why. All layers are on. Please help

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Does this happens only with one drawing?
Have you tried to relaunch AutoCAD? Restart your Mac?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

This happens only on this drawing. I tried to copy cmd+c and insert into a new draft but still the same.  I tried plotting and it is still visible when print out so i think this is not lineweight or linetype problems. I also tried restarted mac but still happening.

Message 4 of 14
maxim_k

Can you share this drawing?
You can attach it here or send it to my email:
mkanaev at yandex.ru

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

Thanks for your prompt reply.
This is the problematic drawing.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

The drawing

Message 7 of 14
maxim_k

This is because the current transparency in this drawing is 90.
With no object selected look at the Properties palette, find Transparency setting and move slider to 0 (zero). Now test copying.

To set transparency of existing objects in the drawing to 0 (no transparency) select all objects in the drawing and in the Properties palette in the Transparency settings open icon dropdown to the right of the transparency slider and select "By Layer".

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

Hi,

I had a similar issue to what is described here. All layers had their transparency set to 0, all object transparencies set to ByLayer and the file transparency set to ByLayer, yet all items on the file both existing and newly drawn were displaying as transparent. I also checked all layers to see if I had accidentally isolated something and forgotten but that was also not the case.

I fixed this by copying all the objects to a brand new file and pasting them to the original coordinates, then saving the new file as in order to replace the buggy transparent files, but I feel like I worked around the problem without actually solving it.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

Type in 

CETRANSPARENCY 

in the command line and set to 0 (ZERO)

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

Hi,

I am facing a similar problem.

Please can someone take a look. I have attached a drawing for your reference. When I plot it, some of the lines appear transparent. I have tried everything but still it is showing it transparent. Secondly, even my dashed/dotted lines are appearing solid.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

Hi,

i have tried everything that you have mentioned in this chain but still some of lines appear lighter when they plot. Can you please take a look?

Message 12 of 14
maxim_k

Hi Muneeb,

There is something wrong with plot style table assigned to layout "LT1" in your drawing. The drawing itself is in named plot styles mode (STB plot style table), but the name of plot style assigned to layout is acad.ctb as I see in page setup manager.
Please verify settings settings once again.
I assigned acad.stb plot style, and tested PDF output - I cannot see transparency lines in PDF.

About dashed/dotted lines - you need to set system variable PSLTSCALE=0 in the layout you want to plot, then use REGENALL command - the lines should appear correctly now.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. The dotted lines thing has been sorted (Thanks to you).

The other challenge that I face is not exactly transparency. But you might have noticed that some objects are appearing very light (Partially transparent). But in the autocad layout they are not light. 

Secondly, I am not much aware of plot styles and which file to use in plot style table drop down. Can you guide me on that part? Thanks

Message 14 of 14
maxim_k

>>>>I am not much aware of plot styles and which file to use in plot style table drop down.
>>>>Can you guide me on that part?
Here are some places to start:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/E...
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etFuPJROkGk

>>>>>some objects are appearing very light (Partially transparent).
>>>>>But in the autocad layout they are not light.
That is because of lineweights assigned to objects in your drawing (they can be set "by layer" or individually) plus Plot Style table can affect lineweights too.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/E...

I noticed that in your drawing all objects have lineweight = 0.00, which means that they will be plotted with near to zero lineweight (to PDF or to physical device):

2020-01-19_17-16-59.png

So you need to fine-tune lineweights of objects. one of the common practice is to set lineweights "ByLayer" and then set lineweight for each layer to value other then "default". Or you can set lineweight individually for each object.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report