AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot select viewports in paper space to change boundary or scale.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
alastair_leith
149 Views, 2 Replies

Cannot select viewports in paper space to change boundary or scale.

This seems to be happening to multiple new files I make. Sometimes when I mess around with View Menu > Viewports… commands I eventually am able to select viewports. Extremely frustrating and difficult to understand what is going wrong here. File attached.

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Gleaned from other posts with similar issues, the Qselect command will be able to highlight Viewports if no objects are selected and no Viewports are active in Layout windows (paperspace modes).

Still doesn’t make the viewports instantly clickable from paperspace, unfortunately.

Message 3 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: alastair_leith

Hi Alastair,

You cannot select Viewport in this particular drawing, because the Layer on which this Viewport was created - panel_base - is turned off.

I'd recommend you always use special Layer for Paper Space Layouts to avoid confusion with selecting Viewports. You can even not turn off this layer before printing - just turn off "Plot" option for this Layer:

2023-09-18_11-18-33.png

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report