AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT - wipeouts appearing in PDF'd drawings that don't exist in the drawings or show up in paper space

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
katherineWB4MA
875 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD LT - wipeouts appearing in PDF'd drawings that don't exist in the drawings or show up in paper space

Hi, I am using AutoCAD LT for mac to do architectural 2D drawing sets and am having a printing error that I can't resolve. When I print certain sheets from my set, wipeouts appear in the PDFs that don't exist in the drawing or show in paper space. I am especially confused because my 60 sheet drawing set is all set up using the same base files, xrefs, fonts etc. but only ~3 of the sheets are having this issue. I've reset my AutoCAD several times, downloaded all the latest versions of 2021, purged and audited my drawings and the same result still prints every time. Attached are screen shots of what the drawing looks like in paper space vs what is printing as well as a DWG of the file. Any advice is appreciated, thank you!! 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: katherineWB4MA

Hi @katherineWB4MA 

I tried to save to PDF the drawing you attached and cannot reproduce the issue on my side as in previous case.

See attached PDF -  there is no "wipeouts" in it.

Have you tried to save to PDF from the drawing you attached here? Do you see "wipeouts" in it on your side?

Can you attach PDF file created on your side which sows the problem?

There could be a lot of reasons of the problem you have:

- "print with transparency" option turned on in Page Setup you are using - do you really need transparency on output? - try to turn it off in Page Setup.

- a lot of clipped Xrefs in your drawing - no solution except try to BIND Xref

- viewport / Layout glitch - in this case you can try to recreate Layout with viewport(s)

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 6
katherineWB4MA
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi, thanks for looking at this issue again, I just printed from the DWG zip I sent with the transparency setting turned off and I still get the wipeout problem in the PDF attached on my end, these 'wipeouts' don't show up in the drawing, paper space, or even the small print preview window. Are you working from a Mac computer as well, I've had co-workers try to print and run into the same issue so I don't know if it's related to the version of CAD we're working with? 

I'm not sure I follow your advice for recreating the layouts with viewports, would this just be making a new sheet tab and redoing the viewports? 

Thanks again,

Katherine 

Message 4 of 6
maxim_k

>>>>Are you working from a Mac computer as well?
Yes, but I tested in a full AutoCAD for Mac 2021, not LT.

>>>>I'm not sure I follow your advice for recreating the layouts with viewports, would this just be making a new sheet tab and redoing the viewports?
Yes, you can try to create new Layout and new viewports in it.

But I think the main cat is in clipped Xrefs - there are a lot of them in your drawing, further more there are nested clippings....

And another thing:
I noticed that there is masked text "2' - 5" ABOVE BP" in 1836_KLAMATHFALLS_ARCH - Sheet - A-101 - FLOOR PLAN - HOTEL - 201029.dwg, which is attached to the file 01_DWG/LV1_PLAN.dwg, which is attached to your main drawing (fragment of plan).
What if you temporary exclude this plan fragment from printing - do you get "wipeouts" in PDF?

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 6
katherineWB4MA
in reply to: maxim_k

I deleted the masked text and now it is plotting fine again, thank you so much! 

Just out of curiosity would this be a glitch caused by too much information in the drawings or should this normally not cause a problem? We receive background files from consultants and it would be great to know if there's anything else we should look out for that could be causing these issues as well. 

Thank you again, I have been trying to fix this for weeks. 

Message 6 of 6
maxim_k

>>>>Just out of curiosity would this be a glitch caused by too much information in the drawings or should this normally not cause a problem?

I think it is rather a glitch in AutoCAD, but it is not related to a "lot of information" in the drawings. This could be a glitch of LT version of AutoCAD for Mac - as I wrote before, I cannot reproduce it in full AutoCAD for Mac version - but I'm not sure exactly....

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report