AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD for Mac

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
272 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD for Mac

I'm starting a new business doing electrical design. I've been doing the work for over 9 years with another company but my boss is retiring and I'm going to do my own thing. I have a really good Macbook Pro I bought last year for my personal use. I was planning to use this for the business and install CAD on it, but after checking the site, there are a lot of things that are unavailable for the Mac version of CAD. My current work computer is a PC and I'm used to the CAD program that I have always had.

I'm just not sure if the Mac version will be okay or if I should bite the bullet and get a new PC laptop for my new company.

Just for some background, I only do 2D drawings, usually conduit routing and wiring loop diagrams. I will be getting AutoCAD LT.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Why don't you download AutoCADLT for MAC 30-day trial since you already have a MacbookPro and see for yourself what struggles if any you will face. Answer your own questions with your own files and your own abilities. You can figure it out in 30-days.

BUT... If you are starting a new business, why not use the more appropriate AutoCAD variant for your line of work like AutoCADMEP (if you do electrical design in the commercial/residential area) or AutoCADELECTRICAL (infrastructure design), both variants are free with an AutoCAD (not LT) subscription (and only in the WindowsOS environment).
Their electrical design tools and reporting/BOM features are well automated, aka you spend less time drawing lines and arcs and more time designing.

Hint: you can run WinOS on that MacbookPro all day long.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm starting a new business doing electrical design. I've been doing the work for over 9 years with another company but my boss is retiring and I'm going to do my own thing. I have a really good Macbook Pro I bought last year for my personal use. I was planning to use this for the business and install CAD on it, but after checking the site, there are a lot of things that are unavailable for the Mac  version of CAD. My current work computer is a PC and I'm used to the CAD program that I have always had.

issue got solved!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report