AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Compatibility with OS X 10.6.8

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
3440 Views, 11 Replies

AutoCAD Compatibility with OS X 10.6.8

It seems a version of Autocad that is compatible with my Mac is no longer available.  AutoCAD 2013 was the last compatible version.  Is there any way I can get AutoCAD on my Mac OS X 10.6.8?  

Also I already purchased the monthly subscription of AutoCAD before I realized this was the case.  It seems impossible to contact customer service on this god forsaken site.  I just get sent through an endless loop.  So incredibly peaved!

Any help would be appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Have you tried this way to cancel order and receive refund?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/subscription-management/manage-co...

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

It sends me through an endless loop.
Message 4 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Use the Contact Us from your account page to request a refund. Here is a link that shows how to access this.

Capture.PNG

As far as getting AutoCAD on your Mac, if you are no longer able to apply newer Operating System versions due to the hardware, I suggest that you explore creating a Bootcamp partition and installing a Windows-based AutoCAD.

If this is of interest please let me know what kind of information you require to get this up and running.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 12
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the issue. The subscriptions only entitle for the 3 most current licenses, which would be 2016, 2015, and 2014.

Good news though, if you have purchased 2013 (or later) versions of AutoCAD LT or AutoCAD LT for Mac you are entitled to cross-licensing between products of the same version year. It does look like you may already have an AutoCAD LT perpetual license for 2013 on a maintenance plan. You should just be able to use the serial number from that license on the 2013 AutoCAD LT for Mac version (see your Autodesk Account for the serial number), which can be downloaded from the virtual agent under Mac products.

You actually really probably don't need that new subscription license you just purchased. I can go ahead and refund that if you want me to?

Just for a heads up, there are chat and email options on this contact us page regarding subscriptions. There is also a phone number for purchasing assistance here. (bottom left)

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

I'm totally confused. I have AutoCAD LT 2013 installed on my mac from last year that expired, so the day before yesterday, July 13, 2016, I repurchased it but didn't receive an email to install it. Yesterday, somehow I was able to get through to someone who sent me the following email:

"Hello from Autodesk!

Dear Amber,

We received your request but can't provide additional help because the serial number submitted is expired:

Serial Number: xxx-xxxxxxxx
Expired Date: [7/16/2016].

Please contact any of our authorized Autodesk reseller for assistance at www.autodesk.com/reseller

Maria Jose Marin Munoz
Autodesk
More Activation & Registration Help | Activate or Reactivate Online

CaseNo:11985903."

I somehow got through to another agent who told me my purchase was not on my AutoDesk account. I didn't see any charges go through my bank either, so I purchased it again yesterday evening for a monthly $45 fee instead of the $288 price. Then they both showed up on my Autodesk account and the $288 got deducted from my checking account. I would like to cancel the $288 and keep the $45 monthly fee if it is possible for me to run AutoCAD on my mac. Can you tell me exactly how I can do this, if it is indeed possible?

Amber

Edit: serial number removed

Message 7 of 12
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

There are 3 licenses here:

1 yearly subscription - already returned

1 monthly subscription - just purchased

1 perpetual licenses for AutoCAD LT 2013 - with a maintenance plan. It looks like someone returned the 2016 entitlement, but entitled you the 2013 version. It is very odd looking.

Matt DiMichele

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

No, I just purchased that one for $288 day before yesterday.
Message 9 of 12
matthew.d

Could you download AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac from the virtual agent and give that serial number for 2013 license listed under the AutoCAD LT maintenance plan in your Autodesk Account a try?

Matt DiMichele

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

As far as I can tell, it isn't possible to download Autocad 2013 for Mac. It appears I purchased Autocad 2013 not for MAC and I need that returned and my account refunded. Can you please do that for me? Also I have not been able to pull up a virtual agent anywhere, I just get put through an endless loop.
Message 11 of 12
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

I have submitted the refund on your order 96579910, it can take up to 3-5 days processing from your bank. In the virtual agent page. You just click download links > Mac products > AutoCAD LT > AutoCAD LT for Mac 2013 and the download will begin.

Matt DiMichele

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

HOLY MOLY JESUS H. CHRIST!!! After 3 days of pulling my hair out and losing my mind, my AutoCAD 2013 is finally installed, registered and paid for. Wow. It shouldn't be legal for AutoCAD to make it near impossible for people to contact them and for them to make this whole process so difficult.

Thank you for your help Matthew.

Amber

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report