AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(AutoCAD 2020) Project Manager Error: initialized layouts?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
aaronpi
1049 Views, 2 Replies

(AutoCAD 2020) Project Manager Error: initialized layouts?

I last used sheet sets in AutoCAD 2018 in an office environment, and have been trying to teach myself to use Project Sheet Sets in AutoCAD 2020 on my personal computer. In the Project Manager dialog box, I clicked the "+" sign and "Add Existing Drawing", selected my .dwg file, and then received this error which I am unfamiliar with:

Project Manager Error

The following selected files do not contain any individualized layouts: (file name)

What does "individualized layouts" mean? How do I add my drawing to the Project I've created?

I have attached a screen capture for clarification. Thank you for any help! I realize this may very well be a rookie mistake as I'm just chipping my teeth on the latest version of CAD. I tried searching these forums for "project manager error" and "individualized layouts" and only was able to turn up one relevant discussion from back in 2009 ( https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/initialized-layouts/td-p/2462763 ) and wasn't sure about the advice offered there.

I thought maybe I failed to create a sheet, so I checked out the Autodesk Help for Create a Sheet but it directed me to click on Project Navigator in the Quick Access toolbar, but there is no such icon in my Quick Access toolbar.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
natasha.l
in reply to: aaronpi

Hello @aaronpi

You are working in AutoCAD 2020 for Mac, I believe you are looking for the "New Layout" option, to access it go to the project name(St Damiens) right-click select > New Layout. 

Please take a look at the available Create Action Button options. 

• New Layout. Displays the New Project Layout dialog box and creates a new layout in the project or under the selected group.
  • Add Existing Drawing. Displays the Add Layout from Drawing dialog box and allows you to select a layout from an existing drawing to add to the project.
  • New Group. Creates a new group.
  • Create New Project. Displays the New Project dialog box and creates a new project data (DST) file.

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: aaronpi

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Aaron,

The link to the topic you mentioned in your post is exactly for your case.  wrote (I just modified the terms for Mac version):

"Project Manager can only add the Layout (paper space) of a drawing to the Project.  If the Layout in the drawing
has not been used, or switched to, and set up, then there will be no  "initialized layouts".  The solution is to open your drawings, go to one of  their layout tabs, and use the page Page Setup Manager (or the Plot command with picking on Apply to Layout button) to set Layout plot settings"

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 12.06.44 PM.png

To initialize Layouts in the drawing pick on one of the Layouts tabs I marked on the screenshot and use Page Setup manager to setup plot options. That is what exactly you need to do before adding drawing to the Project Manager.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report