AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 for MAc running very slowly

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
8092 Views, 21 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 for MAc running very slowly

I am new to AutoCAD. Just installed program today. I have a iMac model 11,1 intel core i7 with 8 GB memory, and the ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics card (512 MB VRam). The program is running very slowly. It takes more than 30 seconds to just change views. Sometimes "Activity Monitor" will state that the AutoCAD program is "not responding". How do I configure the application to run faster. It is almost impossible to use as it is. I am using a 3 MB file .DWG from AutoCAD 2010 (Windows OS). 

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
maxim_k
in reply to: Bob.Felton

Hi Bob,

@Bob.Felton wrote:

Both versions will respond to the 3DCONFIG command that takes you directly to Performance Tuning in A4W and opens a list of options in A4M. Choose acceLeration then Software, then Exit.

If the video card's hardware acceleration is not working out, switching to software acceleration may respond better

I'm afraid you are not correct. As AutoCAD for Mac documentation states in topic about 3DCONFIG command:

"Software (acceleration)

Feature is not supported and is provided for scripting compatibility only"

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACDMAC/2011/ENU/filesACRMAC/WS1a9193826455f5ff1012258b129b19add01-7e49.htm

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 22 of 22
zeeblake
in reply to: maxim_k

I found that switching the drawing mode to 2D Wireframe solved the slow performance problems in my Macbook Air. However, I tried it after installing the latest pan+zoom hotfix released friday, so I don't know if it would also work fine without that hotfix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost