cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Signal Cross References

Wire Signal Cross References

Does anyone really use stand-alone cross references much? I know for the most part I use wire signal cross references.

That said, why does the dialog always default to stand-alone, and I always have to click the wire signals box?

Could the default be switched on this box, or at least have it remember my last choice?

wire signal cross references.JPG

4 Comments

I use Stand-alone Crossreferences at the break points of PLC Modules, so the reader knows where to look for the other portion(s) of the PLC, in case they aren't on the same drawing. 

I also use Stand-alone Crossreferenes in conjunction with the Fan-in/Fan-out tool when I must illustrate that the _MULTI_WIRE leaves one sheet and continues on another sheet.  I might also do this even when the Fan-in and Fan-out are on the same sheet, in case they are far apart and I wish to avoid running the _MULTI_WIRE from one side of the drawing to the other.  Source and Destination arrows cannot be connected to the _MULTI_WIRE layer, since this layer is only there for appearance purposes.  But I can place a Stand-alone Source Crossreference at the end of the _MULTI_WIRE on the Fan-in side so the reader knows where to look for the Fan-out side.

jamorrison
Advocate

Thanks Doug,

I also use stand-alone cross references on hydraulic diagrams and pneumatic schematics, since I do not always use wire numbers for the hoses and tubing.  They work for some things, but by far, I use wire signals the most.

Yes, they are a great option for certain things.  Basically, "your eyes are here, but I want to look there"!  Could even be used to refer the reader to a sheet of notes.

Icemanau
Mentor

I use the stand alone cross reference for indicating circuit connections in single line diagrams for HV CB boards.

Also for multi wires used for Arc Detection sensors wether or not they are fibre optical or wired.

Regards Brad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report