cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Multiline attributes

Support for Multiline attributes

This may have been brought up before  (still no search of the Ideastation) but we really need full support for multiline attributes.  The symbol builder let's us define attributes as multiline, but most of the dialog boxes and other supporting code doesn't recognize them.  In most cases they will either concatenate the lines or drop everything but the first line.

Very annoying.

5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This may have been brought up before  (still no search of the Ideastation) but we really need full support for multiline attributes.  The symbol builder let's us define attributes as multiline, but most of the dialog boxes and other supporting code doesn't recognize them.  In most cases they will either concatenate the lines or drop everything but the first line.

Very annoying.

Case in point.  I'm trying to bring our current RTU symbols into Electrical.  I really need to get this information:

Input_Desc.jpg

Pushed over to the panel footprint as shown below using the TERMDESCXX attributes.  Well the first thing I discovered is that they really don't copy over as one would expect.  (Another Idea there...)  So I got someone to write a bit of code to manually trigger a copy via the scratch database.  It worked great.

Until I tried to use multiline attributes to support the three lines I knew I would need.  ACADE doesn't seem to recognize them as nothing makes it into the COMPPINS table for the TERMDESC## values.

Any ideas for a workaround are greatly appreciated.

Input_Label.JPG

ccad2509
Advisor

yes and sort out the dynamic blocks issue

t_chaws
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi,

Thank you for your Idea! We have added your idea to our research bucket and will be looking into it for our subsequent releases! 

Keep posting new ideas and dont forget to support others by giving kudos to their ideas. 

Best Regards, 
AutoCAD Electrical Team

pvpatel
Enthusiast

t_chaws, what is the status of this idea? 

Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report