cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project specific WD_FAM.DAT

Project specific WD_FAM.DAT

We need the WD_FAM.DAT to have a project specific version, like som many other files. projectname_fam.dat comes to mind.

Different projects often have different client needs when it comes to component tagging.

Many customers that use Vault, have turned "all files should have a unique filname" on. Effectively stopping wd_fam.dat from following the project in/out of Vault.

5 Comments
t_chaws
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi,

Thank you for your idea!

We have included your idea in our research bucket and will be looking into it for our future releases!

Keep posting new ideas! 

Best Regards, 

AutoCAD Electrical Team

The WD_FAM.DAT file is actually project specific already.  If found in a project folder the software will according to the WD_FAM.DAT file parameters.  It only affects the project associated with the .WDP file located in the same folder as the WD_FAM.DAT file.  This happens to be a project-specific file that doesn’t have to carry the project name or be named default. Each time I copy a project, I allow the Copy Project utility to copy the WD_FAM.DAT file as well.

rhesusminus
Mentor

Doug.

I know all of this already.

Please read the rest of the post.

It WILL create problems in Vault, as most of my customers that use vault have the "unique filename" option on.

Sorry.  I totally missed the Vault part. I like the projectname_fam.dat idea.

Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta