cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Properties Default Button Should Update All Paths

Project Properties Default Button Should Update All Paths

When upgrading I run into many locations who have the year in the path for blocks and menus. So for each existing project the users have to select all four paths in the Project Properties and press Default for each one.

It would be nice if this button updated all four at once. Or have a seperate utility that updates all projects in a specified folder. It should go through all subfolders and update all .ipj's it finds.

3 Comments
t_chaws
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. 

Please tell us what version of AutoCAD Electrical are you using at the moment?

Also, we would like to request you to provide us more detail on your suggestion supported with some screenshots so that we can get a better understanding of what you are wanting to achieve. 

Keep on posting new ideas!

Best Regards,
AutoCAD Electrical Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the original poster is referring to this dialog.  (Not sure if they meant "ipj's" or wdp's)

I know I've had some frustration with this as well.  Since I don't get to handle my installs, I'm not sure if there is an option to change the paths for these so the year isn't a problem anymore, but I can understand why some people would want it that way.  If you were running multiple versions as a consultant, for example.

But here we have to select each of the four top level items (libraries and menu files) and click "Default" to upgrade to the latest version.  Maybe have a "Default All" button that would do them all at once.

ProjPaths2.png

rhesusminus
Mentor

I agree on this. Adding a "default all"-button might be the quick solution, that doesn't break any workflow that anyone must have already.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report