cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts Database

Parts Database

Go to manufactures like Schneider, Siemens and Phoenix contact, give them some software that allows them to upload all parts into one cloud. Then bring your catalog into the 21st century with a simple search and download.

I haven't got time to constantly create new symbols and enter information for every part i use. 

4 Comments
ccad2509
Advisor

its a lost cause see here and note the dates posted its not going to happen 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical-ideas/parts-data/idi-p/5634509

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical-ideas/spot-which-electrical-cad-software-is-not-on...

and to add a real insult to injury here look what IGE-XAO are offering which is a service which guarantees parts creation within 5 working days (yes you have to pay for it but !!!!)

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to use SEE, not much to say, it did the job. some things were frustrating and everything was an "optional extra" like EPLAN but without the huge price tag. Now after using AutoCad... SEE seems 100 times better. 

And I've had a quick play on Design Spark but i don't think it will be long before they tie it up with there RS Parts Database and its Free. 

Glad to know i'm not the only one who thinks this is crazy

ccad2509
Advisor

No you’re not crazy just late to the Autodesk doesn’t care about us party

Interestingly do you know that design spark is an old version of an IGE-XAO product I think it was called Caddy

Which means that if RS does finally link design spark with its parts data the it’s just a HOP SKIP and A JUMP to See electrical database exploding into the largest ECAD database out their

Well you could argue it already is as Eplan are being economical with their sales literature

Because SEE electrical has a larger database but Eplan is pushing parts+ design variations

But no matter what it doesn’t get past the fact that the ACADE database if full of out of date rubbish

Parts you can’t use in your country or just plain incorrect parts data  

rhesusminus
Mentor

Just for the information.

See Electrical comes in two flavors. Which has nothing to do with each other.

See Electrical (currently V8R3) is developed in Denmark, and was previously known as Caddy++ before IGE-XAO bought them.
It's still one of the most used products in Denmark, together with PCSchemalcs (Also a Danish product).

In the IGE-XAO portfolio you'll also find See Electrical Expert. This is developed in France, and has absolutely nothing in common with the Danish product. Clever, eh? 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta